Chapter Forty Nine

"I know I made a mistake. I let my jealousy swallow me. But believe me, George, I love Tanya. I have never loved anyone as much as I love her." I looked at her tenderly as she sat on her hospital bed gazing at me with her doe-like eyes. The eyes that spoke to me, the eyes that saw through me, the eyes that brought so much happiness in my life. I took her hand and brought it to my lips before returning my eyes to George. "And I'm going to love her more than I ever had before. Those ten years I didn't have her in my life was hell. I don't want to waste another day without her. I'm not going to let her go again, especially now that she's carrying my child."

"George, mahal ko si Wayne." She silently said, squeezing my hand. "May mga naging pagkakamali din ako kaya hindi ko siya masisisi. I left him ten years ago. Hinayaan kong lamunin ako ng takot ko. Ayaw kong mawala ulit siya sa akin. Kailangan ko siya, kailangan siya ng anak namin at ni Therese. Ikaw din ang nagsabi na gusto mong magkaroon sila ng kumpletong pamilya."

George face softened when she spoke. "I did, sweetheart. But he denied his own son, my grandson! He hurt you."

"Ako ang mas may malaking kasalanan sa kanya. I left him years ago. Bumalik siya sa buhay ko at patuloy niya akong minahal. He had always loved me despite of what he thought I was. Pero sa pangalawang pagkakataon, sinaktan ko ulit siya. I pushed him away dahil pinangunahan na naman ako ng takot ko. I didn't know how to tell you about us. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa'yo na nagsasama na kami.You need someone to take care of you and Therese. Lalo na ngayon sa sitwasyon mo." She said.

"Oh honey. Hindi ka dapat natakot. There's nothing more I want than for you to settle down and have your own family. You've done nothing but to take good care of Therese. You've selflessly dedicated your whole life to raising her. I just feel bad because now it seems like you forgot to take care of yourself . Hindi dapat kita binigyan ng ganong responsibilidad." A hint of guilt and pity crossed his eyes.

"You didn't give the responsibility to me. I was the one who whole-heartedly took Therese in. Hindi mo naman din kami pinabayaan, you've been a good father to us. I don't want you to blame yourself."

"George, give me a chance. I'll prove myself to you, to Tanya, and to our baby." My eyes lowered fondly at Tanya's belly. I reached down and touched her stomach. "I regret what I did to her and our baby but I'll regret it even more if I let go of them. I won't give them up, George. I want to give our child a complete family."

"You're still an asshole." He said in a low snarl.

"I can't argue with that." I nodded my head.

"And I still hate you but I want my daughters happy..." He sighed with resignation.

"Is this your way of giving us your blessing?" I asked, stroking Tanya's hair.

He cocked a brow. "Maybe."

"I love Tanya. I love her, our baby, and Therese."

"I love them too so please take good care of them. I am in no position to judge you as I've had my shortcomings as a father to them."

"They don't need to know. It was enough that Therese and I knew and we knew that you love us with everything you have." Tanya smiled, her eyes watering with tears.

"I never kept my girls a secret, Wayne." George looked at me quietly. "If someone asks, I openly tell them that they are my daughters. I still have not formally introduced them to the public but I never once denied them. I just wanted to give them a normal life. Especially Therese. She's still young and I don't want her to get mixed in this circus that I am in. Maliit ang mundong ginagalawan natin, Wayne. Everyone around me knew they're my daughters. I've kept them private but not a secret."