Chapter Thirty Three

Wayne's POV

I was sitting behind my desk and George and Tanya were sitting on the other side of it. George was reading the finalized contract and Tanya was trying her best to look to my direction. She didn't take a single glance on me since walking into my office. I could see how tensed she was as I watched her. I enjoyed the rised and fall of her chest and the way her fingers fluttered in her lap.

Ignorance is indeed a bliss. Right next to her was her clueless lover. He had no clue what we were before and what we just did a week ago in their house. God, help us when he finds out about our past, present, and future?

I was staring at the adult version of the girl I loved wondering why I wasn't the one who was beside her. I was just a part of her past now. She'd already created a life with someone else without me in it. And that fucking hurts. I waited for her to come back. I really did. I didn't know when but it got to the point where I stopped caring about whether or not she was going to come back because I knew I would always be here waiting for her.

I thought I had moved on. I thought I was over her. The moment I saw her again for the first time after so many years, it felt as if no time had passed. It was as if someone had pressed paused for multiple years and resumed again. I was still stuck in our memories and everything tasted like those late night conversations about our hopes and dreams. The sweet innocent Tanya, she still exist somewhere deep inside me. I'd still never been able to bleed her all the way out. Maybe we got what we got and it was unfair to hold on to it but I couldn't help it. She wasn't mine now. It burns a little whenever I think of it. She had been mine before and I wanted to keep it like that. I'd never been able to commit to a life where she and I doesn't exist. She was the fall I never really recovered from, she took the biggest part of my heart that I may not be able to get back.

"Everything looks good." George nodded his head as he looked at the contract. He looked at Tanya. "Go ahead, darling. Sign the contract."

He handed the documents to her. She lifted her eyes up, our gaze locked for an instant and in that moment there was only her and I. One corner of my lips lifted into a menacing smile. She held her head high as if her regal beauty was on display, as if telling me she was not affected. She had this air of confidence about her that shone through her soft exterior. Both proud and delicate, strong nad subtle.

She took a pen and I watched as she signed the contract. And that sealed everything.

"We're finally business partners. I look forward to working with you." I told her.

"Likewise." She answered in a flat tone.

"I'm going back to Belgium this weekend.I hope you can help familiarize her with the business."

"Of course." I clasped my hands together and I turned my attention to her. "I'll teach her whatever she needs to know."

"Very well." George said. "You're more than just a business partner to us now, Wayne. We welcome you to our family with open arms."

"Thank you, George." I smiled at him, feeling a slight twinge of guilt. George looked like a good, old man. He had no clue I was fucking his mistress behind his back.

"I want to know your plans for our business."

"Actually, nagreresearch pa lang kami ng magandang location na pwede namin pagtayuan." I answered.

"Well, why don't you take Tanya to see the locations?" George suggested.

She stiffened. "No, it's okay. I don't need to see the locations. Mas may alam si Mr. St. Croix sa mga bagay na iyan. He's be in this business for a long time, I'll go with his decisions."