Chapter Twenty Nine

Wayne's POV

She looked at me as if she'd seen a ghost. Surprise was evident on her face. I tried to keep my emotions hidden as best as I could. All those pent up anger that I had surpressed for a long time was begging to be released. After so many years, I thought I was over it. But now it all came rushing back.

"Hi." She croacked softly after a brief moment of silence.

She was no longer the teenage girl I knew ten years ago, she was a lady now and she had grown into her body well. She was more breathtaking now, more heart stopping. She might look beautiful and innocent but I knew how cold the blood was that run through her veins.

"It's been a long time, huh? I never thought I'd bump into you. How are you?" I forced my features to betray nothing as I talked to her.

"I'm fine." Her voice quivered slightly.

I nodded my head, keeping my smile intact. "Are you with someone?"

She opened her mouth to say something but before she could do so, someone called her name.

"Tanya..." A deep and smooth voice said. My head turned to the man walking towards us. George Sullivan. He wrapped an arm around the small of her back. My hands involuntarily clenched into fists. I used to be the only one who could hold her like that.

"See anything you like?" He asked.

Tanya averted her eyes from me to him. She smiled at him and shook her head.

"This painting would look good in the living room." He said, looking at the abstract painting on the wall in front of him.

"Um, George, this is Wayne." She introduced me to him.

"Oh, hi!" He looked at me and gave me a warm smile. He held out his hand, offering a hand shake.

My jaw clenched and stared down at his hand for a second before taking it.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Wayne." He said. "I'm George Sullivan."

"Wayne Cameron St. Croix." My voice came out formal and stiff.

"St. Croix? Are you somehow associated to St. Croix Land Incorporation?" He asked.

"My father owns the comapany." I answered. "But besides that, I am not in anyway affliated with it. I have my own."

He nodded his head. "I see. So what business are you in?"

"Bars, clubs, and lounge. I'm actually planning to expand my business and build another bar lounge. I'm looking for people who are willing to invest in my business."

"Interesting." George said. "I want to hear more. Do you mind sitting with us so we can talk about it?"

"Not at all." I said, throwing a glance at Tanya. She seemed to be tensed and seeing her closely fused my senses off.

I followed them to their table and sat with them. I could feel the tension in the air between us. Tanya was avoiding eye contact with me, staring down on the table. She looked so expensive now, so regal. Of course, how couldn't she? She was a mistress of an old, rich man. I felt angry and resentful.

I turned my attention back to George and we started talking business, Tanya was quiet the whole time.

"Your proposition sounds very attractive. I'm willing to invest as much as it takes, whatever amount is necessary. But I want to become more than an investor, I want to us to be business partners." He said.