Chapter Thirty

Wayne's POV

George rang me and we decided to meet in one of my clubs to talk about the business and our partnership. If it weren't for Tanya, I wouldn't have agreed to what he wanted. The idea of her working under me excited me. Yeah, under me. My groin stirred at the thought of her beneath me. I wanted her beneath me despite what she had done. Huwag lang magkakamaling iwan sa akin si Tanya. I couldn't promise to keep my hands off her.

Ten years had passed but my feelings for her came rushing back as if it had only been yesterday when she left me. I wasn't going to deny that there was still an ache when I saw her with George. The woman I'd loved, the woman I'd given my heart and soul to was now an old man's mistress. Maybe dad was right. She was a whore. A whore who would do anything for easy money.

"Mr. St. Croix." My thoughts were cut when I heard my secretary's voice in the intercom.

I pressed the button and spoke. "Yes?"

"Mr. George Sullivan is here to see you."

"Let him in." I said.

After a couple of seconds the door opened. George walked in and right behind her was Tanya. She stiffened when our eyes met. I beamed her a subtle and contemptuous smile.

"Good to see you again, Wayne." George politely said.

"Good to see you too, George." And then I looked at Tanya. "And you too, Tanya." I said and gestured my hand over the two armchair in front of my desk. "Please, sit down."

He quietly sat on the right armchair while Tanya sat on the left.

"Do you want anything? Juice, alcohol, coffee?" I asked them.

"I'll have a shot of whiskey, if you have any." George said.

"Of course," I said, smiling at him and then my attention averted to Tanya. "How 'bout you, Tanya? Do you want some mango juice?" That was what she used to always orders whenever we dine out.

"She likes Shirley Temple. Do you have any as well?" George said.

"We do." I answered and turned my gaze to Tanya. "I see your taste have changed." I darkly said with a snide. She didn't say anything and avoided my gaze. I pressed the intercom and told my secretary to get them some drinks. Within a few minutes, the drinks were served.

"To finalize our agreement, I've already contacted my lawyer to make a writen contract." I took out a file from my desk cabinet and layed it down in front of George. "That is just the draft. Kung may gusto kang idagdag o ibawas pwede natin pag-usapan yan."

"Everything looks good. I just want to change one particular thing." He said as he scanned through the contract. "I want Tanya's name written here as your business partner."

"George, no." She shook her head. "I don't know anything about running a business."

"That's why you have Wayne, darling. Gusto kong panatag ang loob ko kapag iniwan ko kayo dito." He smiled tenderly.

"Pwede naman akong maghanap ng trabaho." She said.

"Isn't this a job?" He let out a jolly chuckle. "You're a smart woman, darling. I'm confident in putting my full trust in you."

"Ayaw mo ba akong makatrabaho, Tanya?" One corner of my lips lifted into a smirk.

"No, it's not that..." Her voice was soft.

"I'm sure Mr. St. Croix here will take care of you." George gave me a soft smile.

"Very good care." I responded and looked at Tanya. I smiled to myself when I saw how tense it made her. I felt satisified, seeing her all riled up like that.