Chapter Twenty Seven

Wayne's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself alone in bed. I sat up, stretched out my arms and yawned. I usually wake up from Tanya's kisses and her voice whispering in my ear, telling me to wake up. I got up from bed and put on my boxers before leaving the bedroom to look for her. I opened the door to the living room and sniffed, expecting the smell of a delicious meal only to be greeted by silence.

Did she leave early? Wala akong matandaan na may sinabi siya sa akin na papasok siya nang maaga ngayon. I looked for her all over the house but found nothing. I even tried to call her but her phone was turned off.

I noticed the door to the closet was open and when I checked it, most of her clothes were already gone. I felt a throb in my chest, as if my heart wanted to stop beating. It wanted sink into my gut as the realization started to take over me. My legs felt like it wanted to give in. I sat on the edge of my bed, feeling drained out of all energy.

I propped my elbows to my lap and buried my face into my hands. I wanted to cry but no tears flooded my eyes. I wanted to scream but no would come. I raked my fingers through my hair, my head was throbbing. Why would she leave? We were fine last night. We even made love.

And then I paused, as if a light bulb switched on in my head. My father, he had something to do with this. Tanya wouldn't leave me for no reason. It wasn't more than a week ago when he

I put on some clean clothes and got the key to my car. I drove to his office. I angrily marched towards the door to his office and slammed it open.

"What did you do to Tanya?" I roared as I stepped into the room and stopped in front of his desk.

He lifted his gaze up to me. His eyes blinked from behind his glasses. "Sit down."

"No! Explain to me what you did to my girlfriend!" My chest heaved up and down with so much fury. "Ano'ng ginawa mo? Bakit umalis si Tanya?"

"I paid her." He said in an apathetic and calm tone.

"You what?" My eyes widened in disbelief.

"I paid her two hundred and fifty thousand pesos to leave you." He said without batting an eye. "And she took it."

My head slowly shook. "Hindi magagawa ni Tanya yun. She loves me."

"Maybe she does." He shrugged. "But it's obvious that she loves the money more than she loves you."

"You're lying..." I said, almost in a whisper. I felt as if I'd run out of breath.

"Then where is she now?" He cocked his brow. "Why did she leave?"

"Why are you doing this?" I felt my head and my body going numb. Everything felt numb. My body slumped down into the armchair in front of his desk. I couldn't decide which was more painful, what my father did or Tanya leaving me. I didn't know who I should hate more. I wanted to scream in anger but I just sat there. I didn't know what to call these feelings but my insides felt like they had given up on me. It was as if Tanya had carried my world and the moment she was gone, it came crashing down. "She gave me the love I never got from you or my mother. She's all I have, dad, and you took that away from me."

"Don't be an idiot. She just after your money. Ngayon alam mo na kung ano talaga ang habol sa'yo nang babaeng yan."

"You really want to see me miserable, huh?" My voice slightly shook. "Fine, you win."

"Wayne, you're my son. I don't want you miserable." There was a sudden softness in his tone. "I'm only doing what I know is best for you."

"You're doing what's best for you." I said in a low voice.