Forever Isn't A Long Time (A Greyson Chance Story)

=Riley=

"Gweyson! Gweyson!" I giggle as he runs towards me, he gives me a big hug and kisses my cheek. I laugh and ruffle his hair.

"Wiley! Wanna go play with me?" He puts on his puppy dog eyes. I giggle and nod my head, he slips his hand into mine and walks me over to the swings. The other kids were playing in the new sandbox the school bought, but Gweyson and I always loved playing on the swing.

"Higher! Higher!" I squeal as Gweyson pushes me. My hair was whirling around my face, but I didn't care, I felt like I was flying! Collin and Colton walk over, holding a soccer ball.

"Hey Gweyson, wanna play soccer with us?" Collin asks. Gweyson looks at me, asking for permission. I smile and nod, hopping off the swing.

"I'll watch." I grin.

"Okie dokie, I'll play." Gweyson says.

I watch as they randomly kick the ball all over the place, they don't even know how to play. But they were gonna sign up for soccer later, that's what I heard my Mommy and Aunt Lisa talk about last time I went to Gweyson's house.

I look around and see a new girl with her Mom walk up to the teacher. She was crying, telling her Mommy not to leave her. The teacher brought her Henry, the teddy bear. She clutches the bear for dear life. I smile and walk over to her.

"Hi, I'm Riley." I grin.

"I'm Jesse." She smiles shyly.

"Wanna watch Gweyson play soccer, with me?"

"Who's Gweyson?"

"Gweyson's my best buddy." I grin.

"Oh, okay. I'll go with you." She stand up and walks over to the bench. We cheer as Collin kicks the ball into the tiny goal. He gives Colton and Gweyson high fives. They walk over and greet Jesse.

"I'm Colton, and twease are my fwiends, Collin and Gweyson." Colton smiles at Jesse. She waves to them.

"Hey! I got an idea!" Gweyson says.

"What?" I ask.

"Let's all be best buddies forever." He grins.

"Deal!" We all say at the same time, making us giggle.

=Six years Later= (They're twelve)

"Riley! Where is my camera?" Greyson shouts as he walks into my room. I giggle and hop onto my bed.

"What camera?" I ask innocently.

"You know, the camera, the one you bought me for Christmas?" He says, searching through my shelves. I just shrug my shoulders, fighting the urge to smile.

"Nope, I don't recall buying you a camera." I say.

"Pleeeaaassseee! I neeeeed it!" He whines. I roll my eyes playfully and pull out his camera from under my pillow.

"You know Greyson, you should search for things a little bit harder." I say. He chuckles and starts taking pictures of me.

"Greyson! Stop! I hate getting my picture taken, and you know that!" I squeal as I cover my face with my pillow. I can still hear his camera flashing.

"But, I need to take picture of you for my project!" He explains.

"Which project?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Woaaah! How do you do that?!?" He widens his eyes, pointing to my eyebrows.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Teach me!"

"Later, tell me for which project." I state.

"It's a project for class."

"Nooooo? Really?" I say sarcastically.

"Yeah." He says, not catching my sarcasm. I start laughing at him. "What? Why are you laughing?"

"You're so stupid Grey!" I laugh.

"Hey! I get straight A's unlike somebody." He says.

"Hey! I try my best! B's are good too!" I protest, still giggling.

"You giggle too much." He says.

"You take too many pictures."  I smirk playfully. Before he could respond, my Mom shouts that it's time for breakfast. We run down the stairs and find Jesse, Collin, and Colton sitting down already at the table. My house can get pretty crazy, we always hang out here. Colton and Collin were tossing grapes into each others mouth as Jesse recorded it. Alexa and Tanner walk in and greet everybody. Tanner walked up to Greyson and smiles.

"How's my bestest little brother in the world doing?" He grins, hugging Greyson.

"What do you want?" Greyson asks.

"Noting, geez. Can I not ask how you're doing?"

"No, not without wanting something."

"Fine, you got me. I need to borrow your camera, it's for a stupid assigment I have for science."

"What? No, get your own." Greyson shakes his head.

"Please! I'll do your homework for a month!" He begs.

"Tanner, you don't even do your own homework." Alexa butts in, making us all laugh. Tanner pouts and walks over to the couch to play with Zipper, my German shepard. Greyson got her for me when he adopted Macy, his dog. I walk to the kitchen and sit between Jesse and Greyson. My Mom sets down a giant plate of pancakes and we all dig in.

"Mmmm! This is sooo good!" Colton grins as he shoves another forkful into his mouth.

"Ewww, don't be such a pig." Jesse whines. Jesse and Colton always had a love/hate relationship, but Greyson and I think they both like each other, they just don't want to admit it. I chuckle as Zip begs Greyson for a piece of pancake. He shakes his head and points to her dog bowl.

"What are we gonna do today?" Collin asks.

"I dunno, wanna go into town?" I suggest.

"Yeah! We can go shopping!" Jesse squeals.

"Uh, no. YOU can go shopping and the rest of us will do something else." Colton rolls his eyes.

"Or YOU can stay here, and the rest of us will go into town." Jesse challenges him.

"OR we can all be friends, and go into town TOGETHER." I say. They both mutter and nod their heads.

"Okay lets go!" Greyson grins.