Chapter 7

=Greyson=

"Ummm..."

I don't know what to say. I never really flirted with a girl before. I feel myself bulsh slighty, making my cheeks get all warm. Girls back in Edmond never took interest in me, in any way. Well, besides Riley.

"Uhh, I'm, ummm...-" I stammer but then Tanner cuts me off.

"Of course he would!" Tanner answers for me, slinging his arms around me. Lauren squeals and yanks my hands. She writes her number on my hands and draws little hearts all around it. You know what makes it worst? She wrote it in pink sharpie. Gross. She puts her hand to her ear, signaling me to call her. She turns around and struts off.

I turn around and punch Tanner on the arm.

"Tanner! Why the heck did you do that for?!?" I shout.

"Little bro, I was just helping get a date." He raises his hands up.

"I don't want a date, especially with her. She freaks me out." I groan.

"How?"

"She shrieks and squeals like every five minutes. And she treats her face as if its a coloring book." I cry, rubbing my hands down my face.

"But, didn't you see her? You have her wrapped around your pinky. She wants you." Tanner grins.

"Tan, you're sick." I snap. His eyes widen, yeah I wasn't surprised. I'm usually really calm about everything. Like, I handle situations well. But, Tanner pushed my buttons and now I'm angry. What if Lauren really likes me, I don't feel the same way. And that's the thing hate about myself I'm too nice. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her I don't want to go out with her.

Stupid nice.

"Greyson, I'm sorry. I didn't know it would upset you that much." Tanner said.

"Whatever." I grumble, walking off.

I sit down on a bench, next to Hot Topic. I whip out my phone from my pocket and begin to text Riley. She'll tell me what to do.

=Riley=

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I curse under my breath as I stomp out of the theatre. Jesse and Alexa were being so girly and annoying. Yes, I do love them, but sometimes they can be annoying. I clench my fist into tight balls, turning my knuckles white. How dare they do that to me. They thought they could just walk up to some random guy and set me a date with him. Well, you know what? I don't roll like that. I don't want to date anyone, I'm only twelve! My parents say its okay, but honestly I don't care.

Boys don't even look at me like that. I'm not pretty, but I guess I'm not that ugly. I'm short and kinda skinny. I'm not fat. But I'm not like those anorexic girls, where you can see their rib cage. That's disgusting. And like I said before, I'm not girly. I'm average. But guys like girls who are girly and skinny. I'm not going to change for a guy. If I want a boyfriend, he has to like me for me.

My phone vibrates.

G- Heyy :(

R- Heyy >:(

G- Are you mad at me? :O

R- No, I'm mad at Alexa and Jesse.

G- What did my sister do?

R- She tried to set me up with some dude.

G- Really? Well my brother just set me up with a girl. I don't like her, Riley. What should I do?!?

R- Just tell her how you feel. She'll probably understand.