Chapter 5

=Riley=

"Hand me the ketchup, please." I smile. Greyson tosses the bottle of ketchup from across the patio table and I catch it. I make a little ketchup smiley face on my hamburger and then close it, then I squirt some to the side for my french fries. Gotta love BBQ's! Uncle Scott kept on flipping burgers over the grill as Tanner and Alexa went into the kitchen to make lemonade. Ha! So much for having tea and crumpets!

"Mmmmmm!" Grey smiles and takes another bite of his burger. He takes a sip of his soda and continues to eat.

"Isn't that, like your second one?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Actually, it's his third one. I just really wish I knew where it all went." Tanner snickers as he pours me a glass of lemonade.

"Ooooooo! You're gonna get sick!" I taunt him playfully. Greyson rolls his eyes and take a big, dramatic bite.

"Greyson! I can't believe you're on your third one! Your father hasn't even finished cooking the rest of them." Aunt Lisa scolds

"That's because they kept disappearing, I thought it was Macy." Uncle Scott laughs.

"Stop eating, you're gonna get fat!" Alexa says. Greyson pouts and Aunt Lisa takes his plate away. I laugh and pop a french fry into my mouth. He stares at me, then my burger, then he licks his lips.

"No!" I say.

"Please?"

"NO!"

"Pweatty pwease?" He quivers his bottom lip.

"Nope." I say.

"Nope?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Yes?" He asks hopefully.

"NOO!" I shout.

"But, you just said yes." He frowns.

"I said yes to your no." I answer.

"So, no?"

"Yes." I nod my head.

"Really? Yes?" He smiles, about to grab my hamburger.

"NOOOO!"

"I'm sooo confused!" He wails and drops his head onto the table. Alexa and I laugh ad Tanner rolls his eyes playfully. Aunt Lisa just shakes her head, smiling and sets the rest of the hamburgers onto the table, out of Greyson's reach.

"Greyson? Why don't you and Riley, go inside and hang out." Uncle Scott suggests.

"Uh, okay." Greyson shrugs. He laces his fingers into mine and leads me into the house and up the stairs. We walk towards the room at the end of the hallway and Greyson opens the door. His room hasn't changed much since we were little. He had dark blue walls, a desk, a twin sized bed, a record player, and a lot of records. I hop onto his desk and watch him disappear into his closet.

"Hey Riley!  Look what I found!" Greyson shouts. I jump off and enter his closet. I find him crouching down in front of a shoebox.

"Uh Grey? Not to burst your bubble or anything, but, what's so interesting about a shoebox?" I ask, confused.

"It's not a shoebox, it's a time portal thingy ma-jig." He grins. I raise my eyebrow and pick up the shoebox. There was a bunch of colorful scribbles on it and glitter too. We step out of the closet and kneel down on the floor. I set it down between us and look at him.

"When did we make this?" I ask.

"I think in kindergarten." He shrugs. He pulls off the top and tosses it to the side. There was a lot of wrappers in there. We take out the wrappers and find little knick knacks we put in here when we were little. I picked up my little, purple, heart shaped ring I got from those little quarter machines. I slip it on my pointer finger and it fit perfectly.