Chapter 10

=Greyson=

****TWO WEEKS LATER****

"Hey Greyson!"

"What's up bro?"

"Wanna hang out, Grey?"

"You rock, Greyson!"

What the heck? Ever since I've played at the talent show, everyone's been talking to me. It's kinda weird. I did win first place, it was really cool. We all went out to dinner to celebrate. My Dad told me he recorded it all, and he said he was proud of me.

Riley and I are walking out of school, heading over to town to get an snow-cone.

We dump our backpacks down on the ground and walk up to Bahama Ice.

"What kinda flavor are you getting?" I ask Riley.

"Blue-raspberry. How about you?"

"I'm getting black cherry." I answer.

"Hey Greyson, hi Riley. What can I get you today?" Charlie asked.

"The usual." I smile.

"Okay then, I bring them over to your table." He says.

I grab both of our backpacks and walk over to the table at the corner. I set our backpacks down and sit next to Riley. She was texting somebody.

"Who are you texting?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm texting Jesse. She's sleeping over." She answers, slipping her phone in her pocket. I nod my head and grab my iPod, I hand her one of the ear buds and put the other one in my ear. I scroll through my play-lists until I get to my Beetles one. I tap on "Yellow Submarine" and nod my head to the beat.

"Do you have Elvis Presley on your iPod?" Riley asks.

"Nope."

She brings her hand to her chest and gasps "How could you not?!? He's the King of Rock 'n' Roll!" She exclaims.

"I know, you told me like a million times now." I tease.

"Elvis is awesome." She says.

"Yes, you told me that too." I chuckle. She rolls her eyes, smiling and just listens to my music. Minutes later, Charlie walks by, handing us our snow-cones.

"Thanks Charlie!" Riley smiles.

"No problem sweetie." He says, and walks off back to the counter. I crush my snow-cone a little bit more with my spoon, until it gets watery. I take a big spoonful and place it in my mouth. I swallow it whole.

"COLD!" I shout, putting my hands to my head.

"Haha, you got brain freeze!" Riley taunts. "Just place your thumb at the roof of your tongue." She shrugs. I pop my thumb in my mouth and push it up to the roof of my mouth. Slowly, the brain freeze disappears.

"Much better." I sigh happily, and continue to eat my snow cone.

"You are something else Michael." She laughs.

"Hey, you know I hate my middle name." I whine.

"I'm sorry, what did you say Michael?" She cups her hand around her ear, leaning closer.

"Oh, you couldn't hear me? Can you hear me now, Taylor?!?" I shout out her middle name.

"Greyson Michael Chance!" She shouts.

"Riley Taylor Parker!" I shout back.

We just stare at each other...For a very long time. Then we burst out laughing.