Chapter 15

=Greyson=

“Greyson, wake up.” Mom said.

No.

“Grey, wake up.” She said a little bit louder.

Nope.

“Greyson Michael Chance, wake up!” She shook my shoulders.

Noooo, I’m tired!

“Don’t make me count to three…” She warned.

Yeah right, that doesn’t work on me anymore. I’m fourteen, not four.

“One…” She started.

I’m not scared; you can count all you want.

“Two…” She growled.

I plan to sleep until noon.

“Two and a half…”

Oh crap!

“Okay, okay! I’m up! I’m up!” I jumped out of bed, stumbling onto the floor. I jumped back up and saw my Mom dressed for work.

“Geez Grey, why do you sleep so late?” She asked.

“I don’t know; it’s a teenage thing.” I smirked playfully. She rolled her eyes and kissed my cheek.

“Tanner and Alexa went out to run some errands, Dad went on a flight for a business trip, and I’m off to work. Don’t be late for school.” She waved goodbye and walked out of my room.

Ugh, I hate school. Well, I don’t think it’s actually considered school. It’s an online school, but you have to log in on time before “The bell” rings unless your parents get an e-mail, saying you were late for “school”.

I changed into a red Beatles T-shirt and stay in my flannel pajama pants. You interact with the teacher through a camera and last time I went to “school” in my PJ’s she lectured me about dressing properly for “school”. So I just change my top and run my fingers through my hair to fix it.

I take a seat in my swirly chair and turn on my laptop. I logged into the website and waited for the stupid ‘’bell’’ to ring. Finally, a little box appeared with my teacher, Mrs. Cudworth, in it.

“Good morning Mr. Chance.” She grinned.

“Morning Mrs. Cudworth.” I grumbled.

“Did you finish your math homework from yesterday?” she asked.

“Uh…” Oh crap, I totally forgot! “Uh yeah, it’s done. But-“

“But what?” She raised an eyebrow at me.

“I, uh, did my homework. But, I forgot it at Cody’s house.” I lied.

“Well, could you call Cody and tell him to email the homework and tell him he’s late for school.”

“Yes ma’am.” I nodded.

I picked up my phone and texted Cody.

G- Cody, I need your help! I need you to make a copy of your homework, but write my name on it! And you’re late for class.

C-Tell her I’m sick and I’ll email it right now.

G- R u really sick?

C- Nah, I just really hate school.

G- DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HER

C- Sorry mate, every man for themselves

I looked at Mrs. Cudworth, her wrinkled face looked angry.