Chapter 8

=Riley=

"Hahahaha! Greyson, stop it!" I giggled. We were in my family room, watching a movie. But according to Greyson I spilled popcorn on him and now he wants revenge. He hovered over me and began to tickle my sides. I felt tears leaking out of my eyes, from laughing so hard, and I couldn't breathe.

"You spilled popcorn all over me! Rawr!" He grinned and tickled my neck. I was now shouting out his name, telling him to stop. I couldn't stop laughing, I probably looked like an idiot.

"G-Greyson Michael Ch-Chance! St-stop it!" I squealed. He slowly stops tickling me. He fingers were lingering my sides. I was catching my breath as he looked down at me, smirking. Just as I was about to sit up, he pounced on me again and began to tickle me.

"You owe me a snow cone!" He laughs.

"Okay! Okay!" I shout desparatly. Finally, he stops and sits back down on the couch. I get back up and hop up next to him. I give him a playful shove and stick out my tongue. He chuckles and pokes my tongue. I bare my teeth at him and bite his finger.

"Owwwwww!" He whines, pulling his finger away from me.

"That's what you get for tickling me." I laugh.

"Whatever, let's just watch the movie." He says, unpausing the screen. We were watching 13 Going on 30. He knows I loved that movie, its the sweetest, most funniest movie in the world. And, I can relate to the characters. Like, I'm Jenna, Greyson's Matt, and then Jesse, Colton, and Collin remind me of some of the employees that works for Poise. But, if you haven't seen it, Jenna and Matt have a romantic relationship, which will never happen with Grey and I.

I slide the bowl of popcorn onto Greyson's lap and get up from the couch.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going to get a blanket." I said, rubbing my arms to keep them warm. He just nods his head and continues to watch the movie. I walk into my room and grab my big, fluffy, blue, blanket. My Grandma made it for me before she passed away. It meant a lot to me, I brought it to all my sleepovers and camping trips. I run down the stairs, with the blanket dragging behind me, and sit beside Greyson. I place the blanket over us and I snuggle deeper into the pillows.

"I'm glad you're here." I whisper.

"Yeah, me too. I know this is mean but, I don't like Lauren. I don't want to break her heart." Greyson says.

"What?"

"You know, I'm too nice to break up with someone. I don't want to upset her." He frowns.

"Greyson, it's better to do it now than later. She might think you actually like her, and then she'll be more heartbroken if you do it later. Just rip it off like a band-aid." I chuckle.

"I'm serious." He looks at me with his big brown eyes.

"So am I." I say.

"Okay, I'll do it the next time I see her. But, how do I tell her?"

"You can say: Lauren, I've been thinking about this for a long time, I think we should break up..." I suggest.

"No, that doesn't seem right."

"Well sorry, I'm only twelve! I don't want to date boys right now." I shrug.

"Well, I don't want date girls neither!" He says.

"Let's talk about this later. I want to go to my room." I say, trying to change the subject.

"Okay...."He mumbles.

I toss the blanket to the side and grab Grey's hand, pulling him over to my room. My room hasn't changed since I was little. I had light purple walls, and a purple twin sized bed. My closet had all my baby stuff in it and Elvis collection was stacked all around my shelves. I had a couple of posters of animals and professional photos Greyson took when the last time we went by the creek.