Chapter 17

=Riley=

It’s been a week since we came to L.A., and it’s been complete torture. Well, when Josh, the guy from the front desk, said that our room was free, he only meant for a day. So we’ve been paying for this suite, and with all this money we’ve been paying with, I could’ve bought a laptop!

We can’t even go outside. Since we packed for New York, we only have jeans and long-sleeved shirts. I can’t even go to the lobby without sweating.

Don’t even get me started on the food. Just for a large pizza, it’s like $24.99. That’s insane!

“Riley, I’m bored.” Jesse whined.

“Me too.” Ashley agreed.

“I hate to say this but, so am I.” Rocky groaned. We were all just sitting on the couch, watching some stupid TV show about cooking. Just then, somebody knocked on the door.

“I got the door last time, Riley it’s your turn.” Ashley nodded to the door. I huffed and stood up from the couch; I walked to the door and opened it. Josh stood there, holding a sheet of paper, he looked angry.

“Um, hello.” I said.

“Get out.” He demanded.

“Huh?”

“Your credit card has been declined. You have exactly one hour to get out.” He growled.

“What?!? You can’t do that!” I shouted.

“Yes, I can. Oh look, 58 minutes.” He checked his watch, smirking. I heard the girls walk up behind me.

“We have nowhere else to go!” Jesse shrieked.

“That’s not my problem.” He shrugged.

“Dude! Where are we supposed to go?! We aren’t from here!” Rocky shouted at him, clenching her fists.

“Well, why don’t you and your little friends go make some new friends and stay at their houses?” He patted her head.

Rocky grabbed his wrist and twisted it backwards. “How many times do I have to tell you, I’m not a dog?” She gritted through her teeth.  Josh whimpered and pulled away his hand and rubbed his wrist.

“Screw you, you girls are crazy. I’m giving you half ‘n’ hour to get out. If you don’t, I’m calling the police.” He shouted, stomping away.

I whirled around and looked at them. “What now?!? We have no place to go!” I flailed my arms in the air.

“Well, I guess we can look for another hotel.” Jesse suggested.

“We can’t! My Mom’s credit got declined! Oh my God, she’s gonna kill me!” I gasped, running my fingers through my hair.

“Don’t worry, I got an idea. But,” Ash looked at me nervously, giving me a sly smile. “Riley, might hate it.” She said.

“What?” I raised my eyebrow.

“We could get jobs, and then buy an apartment!” She grinned.

“Ash, do you know how much apartments cost in Los Angeles; it’s probably more than what our parents make in a year. And we’re too young to get jobs, we’re only fourteen!” I protested.

“Uh, guys, we only have 15 more minutes here.” Rocky interrupted.

“I don’t wanna go to jail!” Jesse wailed.

“We’re not! Let’s just leave this stupid hotel and figure out what to do later.” Rocky said.

“Okay."