Chapter 4: Success and Returning Home

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san! ♥ Gah; first of all, let me say thank you for 500 followers... c': I LOVE YOU GUYS.  Ahah, I cried of happiness when I saw that! ;w; ♥ Not only that, but the next day I saw I had gotten six followers added to that just over the night! ;o;  You guys are insane, wah! c':  It truly means a lot to me though, thank you all so much!!  Geez...I got school tomorrow, along with a volleyball game.  Sorry, but now that school's about to re-start, I have to focus on more grades than writing. :c  Which sucks!  I hope I can update a lot still, though... Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to darkvengeance9. c:  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and until next time, everyone~! ♥

--я y - c н α η ;

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я  ღ

====================================================================

"I can't express my thanks enough..."  Deane replied, handing Lucy the payment.  "Now I can go back into business without having to worry!"

Lucy smiled down at him.  "I'm glad we were able to help you.  Erza's turning in the thief now, and should be back shortly."

Deane nodded.  "I knew I could count on you Fairy Tail mages; thank you."

Lucy sweat-dropped.  "Hey, you don't have to keep saying thank you..."

Deane chuckled, and Lucy looked at him in surprise.  "As you wish..."  

His expresison turned stern.  "That injury of yours though; is it dire?"

Lucy subconsciously pressed her palm to her right side.  "No, not anymore.  It's just a little sore, is all; it could've been a lot worse, really..."

"Good thing it wasn't."  Deane agreed, his arms crossed as he stood in his doorway.

Lucy stopped, but then nodded when she realized he was right.  "Yeah."

"Oi, Lucy!  Hurry it up; Erza's back, so let's go home!"

Lucy glanced over her shoulder to look at Natsu.  "Coming!"  She turned back to Deane.  "It was nice meeting you."  Lucy stepped off the porch, backing up.

Deane nodded, smiling.  "You too, Fairy Tail.  Give your guild master a thank you for me."

"Will do!"

Turning back around, Lucy half jogged, half walked over to her friends.  They were waiting for her at the same time Erza and Gray walked to them, and they all turned to Lucy.

"Are you ready, Lucy?"  Erza asked.

Lucy nodded.  "Mm hm!  And I've got the payment right here!"  She exclaimed as she lifted up the tote bag.

"Good.  We'll split it when we get back."  Erza replied, and they all turned to start walking off.  The sun was setting over the mountains as the evening started becoming the night, and as Team Natsu walked down the dirt road and past the houses, a cold breeze set in.

"Wouldn't it be a good idea to stay at a hotel?"  Wendy asked after a while, Charle in her arms.

Erza glanced behind her amusedly.  "Where did you think we were going?  There isn't a hotel in this town, but there is in the next one over.  It'll only take half an hour to get there; we'll stop and rest there and continue in the morning."

"Ah, I see!"  Wendy exclaimed, understanding.

Natsu noticed Lucy's silence, and glanced at her from the side.  She was looking at the ground, looking like she was lost in thought as a strained expression crossed her face.