Chapter 20: A Fight During A Rescue!

Hello, minna! ♥ I've updated once again, haha!  I wished I could have updated more earlier, but ya' know..I had to get motivation. c:  I most definately do not want to go back to school tomorrow! xp  Mostly because I have to catch up on everything I missed on Friday! xc  Which, of course, isn't going to be fun!!

I have some stuff in the multimedia for you~!  The pictures is of Natsu during his battle with Virel, and song is to get you all fired up during Erza's battle! ^.^  Please enjoy~

I dedicate this chapter to WeLoveCryptic_Eyes!  I only just found out recently that there was a fan page for me, and you guys have no idea how happy I was about it! ;o;  Thank you, creator, sooo much! c':  I hope you all enjoy this chapter; we get to see more of Erza now, woohoo! ♥ And also Natsu and Virel's battle continues to progress. c:  Remember, feedback is very much appreciated! ^.^  Until next time, everyone~!

--я y - c н α η ;

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

=====================================================================

An explosion ricochet through the air as Erza slammed to the ground, blocking one of the mechanical dragon's claws.  In her Adamintine Armor, Erza's arms shook as she struggled to push back at the dragon's force.  Its claws scraped against her shield, and Erza made a noise of frustration as she was pinned there, on one knee.

She was overpowered.

I can't keep going on like this...!  Erza thought, grunting as the monster pushed down harder.

The creature screeched, and Erza yelled loudly as she used all the force she could muster to send it flying.  Tensing her muscles, Erza's feet crushed into the ground as she struggled to push forward, having a sort of tug-of-war with the steel dragon.  The ground continued to crack and give as Erza gave a loud cry and pushed with all her might, making the monster's arm give.  With a screeching noise, Erza's sheild rubbed up against the monster's stomach and propelled it up into the air, soaring a few feet before dropping back onto the ground on its back.

Erza panted heavily, and switched back into her Heart Kreuz Armor out of habit.  A bead of sweat fell down her brow, and she couldn't help but use her staff from her Morning Star Armor for support.  As she continued to try and regain her breathing, the monsters circled around her like prey, and parts of the ceiling began falling from the intensity of the fight.

There's got to be some sort of key to victory,  Erza thought, looking at them all with a strained expression.  If Virel is trying to make this similiar to Pandemonium, then their demise has to be somewhere close to the same.

Erza made a noise of surprise as she dodged a monster's tail, and it slammed into the ground instead of her.  Giant boulders exploded from the ground underneath her, and Erza used them as ground as she climbed high into the sky, working her way to the high ceiling.

But what similarity is Virel using?!  Erza wondered with frustration.

Before she could ponder further, Erza was forced to change into her Lightning Empress Armor.  A serpent-like metal monster flew through the air towards her, and she had to jerk herself higher into the air to avoid the loud snap of the serpent's fangs.  As she stared eye to eye at it, Erza spun in a full circle and raised her weapon, lightning crackling through the air powerfully.  Yelling a battle cry and her eyes wild, Erza brought her weapon down onto the head of the monster, and electricity shot through the body of the mechanical serpent.

It screamed loudly in obvious pain, and slammed to the ground, the body disapearing an instant later.  Erza dropped to the ground, panting more heavily than before.