Chapter 17: Against Virel's Wrath

Kon'nichiwa, minna! ♥  Here is the next chapter, as promised~!  I hope you all like it!  I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, too!  Haha, Natsu's reactions were funny to write! cx  I hope you all think so too!  Hopefully I can update one more time before having to do this project for school...I could have done it awhile ago, but...I'm just too lazy sometimes! ^.^;  Anyways...! ♥ I dedicate this chapter to Luvli_Grl!  She deserves a dedication, hehe!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember, feedback is greatly appreciated! c;  Until next time, everyone!

--я y - c н α η ;

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

======================================================================

"Where are we?"  Wendy murmured softly, her eyes wide as she looked around.

"A...field..?"  Charle replied, confused.

Wendy and Charle were currently standing in the middle of a field; one that stretched for miles.  Nothing but a blue sky and a field of grass was what Wendy and Charle could see; there was no wildlife, and nothing out of the ordinary.

Except for a sign.

"What's that?"  Charle asked, pointing ahead.

Wendy followed Charle's guesture, and flinched in surprise when she spotted the sign a little bit ahead.

"I don't know..."  Wendy replied, confused.  "Let's go ahead and check it out!"

Without waiting, Wendy went ahead and started jogging over to the sign.

"Wait for me, Wendy!"  Charle exclaimed.  "Be cautious!"

"I know that!"  Wendy exclaimed, stopping in front of the sign and turning to look at Charle with a sour look as she bit her cheek.

"What's it say?"  Charle asked, floating next to Wendy.

"Returning is continuing..."  Wendy replied, reading the sign curiously.  "What's that supposed to mean?"

Charle shook her head.  "How should I know?  Maybe we should--"

Wendy turned to see why Charle had stopped, and saw her staring up at the sky.

"What is it, Charle?"  Wendy asked.

"Look at that!"  Charle exclaimed, astounded.

Curious, Wendy glanced up, and when she did, she exclaimed - quite cutely - in surprise.

"The portal!"  Wendy exclaimed.

"In the sky?"  Charle wondered, surprised.

It was true; the white portal was shining in the sky, floating in mid-air as it hung suspended high in the air above them.

"There's our way out!"  Wendy exclaimed, delight on her face.

Charle took ahold of Wendy, and they soared up into the air and after the portal.  It was at least ten stories into the air, and the wind whipped past Wendy's ears as they went higher into the sky.  As they got closer, Wendy began to notice something beside the portal, and it became clearer the more they appraoched it.

"Look at that!"  Wendy exclaimed, and Charle came to a stop.

Wendy was looking at her reflection.

Only it was upside down; like a twisted mirror.

"A mirror...?"  Charle murmured.  "Then...!"

"Oh no!"  Wendy exclaimed, touching the area where she thought the portal was.  "This isn't another portal!  It's reflecting off the one at the ground!"