Chapter 23: Erza vs Virel, and Lucy's Fate!

Hello, minna! ^.^  Been a little while, hasn't it? c:  I'm so glad I was able to update; though I was about to fall asleep! cx  Probably going to go to sleep now. ♥  It's been a really busy week, let me tell ya....tests, projects; all on the first officail week that Volleyball is over! xc  It's not cool!!  No one likes school...at least...I hope that's the case. cx  I dedicate this chapter to LucyAshleyHeartfilia! ^.^  She'd got a Gruvia and NaLu fan fiction, so if you both those pairings, I suggest you go read her awesome stories!!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember; feedback is always appreciated. c:  Until next time!

cяypтιc_єyєs || яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

❝тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя❞

===================================================================

"Titania..."  Virel growled, his voice husky.

"Erza...!"  Natsu murmured slightly, shocked yet slightly relieved at the same time.

Happy and Charle stared in surprise, while Lucy and Wendy both remained unconscious.

Erza gave Virel an intense stare, but then she closed her eyes, her sword in front of her.  "Virel Essence..."

She shot her eyes open, and suddenly a breeze of her magic circled around her.  The outline of her body brightened into an outline of red.

"...You've brought harm to my comrades,"  Erza replied, her voice stern and dangerously calm.  "Threatened my guild; my family.  Because of that, Virel Essence..."  Her armor suddenly glowed, and she requiped into her Black Wing Armor.  

Bruises showed where her skin was bare, but that didn't dim the menacing aura that was around Erza.

"...Because of that, you aren't aloud to exist anymore."  Erza completed, her eyes extremely dark and threatening.

Virel looked at her with annoyance, but the confidence still seemed to be there.  "You think you can beat me, as well?  If I've taken down the rest of your comrades, you should be no different."

Erza tensed, making her sword vibrate through the air.  "You challenge me?  Let's see where that gets you."

Virel smirked, though Erza's expression stayed serious and threatening.  "As you wish, oh great Titania."

Virel stretched out his arm, making it extend straight out to the side of him.  Black magic seemed to start to leave his sleeve, collecting in his hand.

Erza tensed, making a noise of seriousness as she waited for Virel to make his move.  During that time, Natsu hastily stood up, clutching his right shoulder tightly to stop the pain and blood that fell from his injury there.  He wobbled slightly, his vision swimming before he righted himself and stood properly.  Panting, he resided behind Erza, not ready to give up yet.

A bit later, enough magic had gathered in Virel's right hand, and it suddenly shot in the direction of his fingers and straightened tightly.  It made a metallic clang, and Erza's breath slightly hitched in surprise.  The magic continued to morph, and a hilt and blade was formed.

Virel held a black sword.

He pointed it towards Erza, as if a challenge to the Fairy Queen.  "I'm ready for any tricks you have created, Titania.  I master in not just sorcery, but swordsmanship, just as you do."

Erza clenched her teeth.  "Then, let's see who's the better swordsman!"

_________________________________________________________________________________