Chapter 21: Natsu and Gray's Tag Team

Hello, everyone!  Sorry it's been so long since my last update! ^.^;  Not only was I busy, but I was experiencing a little writer's block for this story as well!  Well, now that that's over, here is the next chapter for you all! ~♥  I hope you all like it! c:  This is more of just fighting between Fairy Tail and Virel, but every chapter is progress throughout the story, don't forget!~  

Oh, and forgive me for spelling mistakes. -.-  I can't seem to write properly today...I did check it, but just in case I missed some...gomen'nasai! ♥ I dedicate this chapter to FullmetalFairy! ^.^  Thanks so much for being a fan of mine; it truly means a lot!  I hope you all like this chapter, and until next time! Oh, and remember; feedback is always very much appreciated~!  Arigato, minna!!

cяypтιc_єyєs // яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

ღ тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ღ

==================================================================

"Gray!"  Everyone exclaimed simultaneously.

Gray smirked.  "Looks like I got here in time."

"Oi, don't even think about interfering!"  Natsu whined, giving him an annoyed look.

Gray rolled his eyes.  "To me, it looks like you need my help, Flame Brain.  Now, if you want to defeat this guy and save Lucy, you're going to have to suck it up."

Natsu glanced at Lucy, who flinched at his gaze.  

Finally, he groaned.  "Fine!  But don't get in my way!"

"Natsu and Gray?"  Happy exclaimed, excited.

"Alright!"  Lucy cheered.

Natsu and Gray high-fived.  "Let's go!"

Virel narrowed his eyes, staring at them mysteriously.  "You think numbers will affect the outcome?  It won't."

Natsu re-lit his hands on fire.  "Oh?  And why wouldn't it?"

Gray's magic began to stir, too.  "You don't know what you're in for, ya' bastard."

Virel raised his hand, guesturing for them to attack.  "Do your worst, Fairy Tail."

There was a small silence as Fairy Tail stared down Virel, who returned their glares with an equal one of his own.  Lucy watched the scene intently, waiting for Natsu and Gray to surge forward; she hoped with all her might they would be okay, and that they would win.  She believed in them.  Everyone else watched as well, waiting for one of them to attack first.

Both yelling a battle cry, Natsu and Gray sailed forward; Gray with an ice excalibur, and Natsu with his flames intensified.  The air around them roared as they sailed forward, and dust picked up at their heels as they surged forward.

Virel decided to strike Gray first, and jumped out of the way before both of their attacks could hit.  Swinging his arm forward, Virel grabbed Gray and Natsu both by the collar, attempting to slam them into each other.  However, Gray and Natsu worked together to break free, twisting at such an angle where Virel's grip faltered, leaving them free and with an open spot.

Together, Natsu and Gray brought their fists across the air, side by side.  They both, at the same time, hit Virel, surprising him and making the dark mage double over.

Natsu grinned childishly, and Gray smirked in triumphance.

"How'd you like that?"  Natsu replied, but was interrupted as Virel pounced for them, using his dark magic to make force slam into their bodies.  Gray cursed under his breath as he rolled, staggered, and then came to a stop on his knees, one eye shut in pain.  Natsu did the same, but stopped on all fours, his mouth filling with fire instantly.