Chapter 26: Retaliation.

Hello, everyone! ~♥  Guess what?  This is the second-to-last chapter in this book!  There's only one more chapter to go, and then this stories done!  It's baisically going to be an epilogue, haha! ^.^  To be honest, I'm really excited for my next story, but I never want this one to end. ♥ Lol, it seemed like it went on forever, huh?  What with the final battle against Virel being over six chapters! cx  I got attached to this one a lot, too!  I hope I lived up to it's expectations from it's first story, "Invincible Will and Feelings"! ^.^;

Multimedia is a picture and a song. c:  I think the song fits really well with this overall story, and I used this song a lot to make a small little AMV in my head when I was anxiously waiting to write it! ^.^  I hope you all like it!

I dedicate this second-to-last chapter to emeralddrop; thanks for being such a good friend of mine!  Your complements always make me happy! c': ♥ I hope you all enjoy this story, and please give me some feedback, ne?  Until next time, everyone~!

cяypтιc_єyєs || яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

❝тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя❞

====================================================================

"Dragon Force..."  Lucy breathed, her eyes wide with wonder.  "Astarot brought out Natsu's strongest form...to finish Virel?"

Natsu stared Virel down, his power still growing as the ground around him cracked, his magic's force pressing in on the air.

Lucy's hair whipped across her face from the jagged wind currents.  "Incredible..."

"What is this?"  Virel exclaimed, outraged.  "Dragon Force?  Like it matters--!"

Lucy gasped, unable to believe her eyes.

In the short time that she blinked, Natsu had lunged for Virel, flying across the room and slamming his fist into his face.  Virel was sent skipping like a stone across the ground, slamming into one of the walls across the room.  Natsu dropped to the ground, making his flames grow in intensity.

"Impossible..."  Virel muttered, his eyes wide with anger as he pulled himself up from the pile of stones.

"It's about time you realized something instead of us, Virel."  Natsu growled, surrounded in flames.

"What?"

Natsu took another step forward, his power overwhelming.  He didn't know what Lucy had done to give him Dragon Force, but whatever she had done, Natsu was going to use it to save her.

Natsu growled low in his throat.  "You don't understand anything, do you?  You think that power overcomes everything else?  Well, you're wrong!"

But already, Natsu was flying forward, his body on fire as his teeth clenched tightly.  Virel made a noise of surprise, but he didn't have any time to move before Natsu advanced on him.

"Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist!"

Natsu surfaced under Virel, punching him multiple times in rapid patterns, until Virel soared up into the air because of the blows.

Virel's face was strained.  "I'm not done yet!"

"Cimmerian Faceet: Ray of Darkness!"

Natsu crossed his arms above his head as the large column of magic slammed into him from above.  The force was so large that Natsu's feet sank into the ground; however, he didn't let up.  Clutching on eye shut, Natsu's lit body intensified under the column of black magic, and he jumped into the air.