Chapter 16: The Mysterious Maze

Hello, minna! ~♥ How are all of you?  I apologize for it being a few days since I've updated, but you know..school and sports get in the way of my free time sometimes. cx  The Volleyball season is almost over, and then I'll be able to go home earlier and finish up homework and then have a lot more free time! c': ♥ It's nice just thinking about it!  Onto the chapter then...

A picture and song in the multimedia is for you all! ^.^  I am currently in love with this song, and think it fits the story well and will definately fit the battle between Natsu and Virel! c;  Even though I've heard this song before, I'm having one of those times where you're obsessed with it, ya' know?  Anyways...picture is of Natsu at the end of this chapter. c:  Please enjoy it~!

I dedicate this chapter to LadyAireen! c:  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, ne!  Go read her stories by the way; they are fab! ♥ Anyways, I really had a lot of fun writing this chapter; I thought I did really good on it!  Please enjoy; and remember, feedback is very much appreciated~!  Until next time, everyone!

--я y - c н α η ;

ೋღ♥ღೋ

=============================================================

"There, Charle!"  Wendy exclaimed tentatively, pointing ahead.

"So there is something here other than stairs!"  Charle exclaimed, looking above Wendy's head.

They had been flying for quite a few minutes without seeing something different from stairs.  However, as Wendy pointed it out with her heightened eyesight, a new curiosity emerged within' both of them.  Soaring down to the door that resided straight up and with one of the many columns of stairs leading up to it, Wendy dropped to the ground right in front of it and stared at it willingly.

"Do you think it leads somewhere?"  Wendy asked, her voice slightly soft in caution.

Charle floated next to her, and her expression was cautious yet equally determined.  "It's our best bet; after all, I don't see anything else like this around."

Wendy nodded, looking around to, in fact, agree with Charle's statement.  "Yes, I agree.  I don't see any other doors around, even with my eyesight."

"Well, open it then!"  Charle replied, her hands on her hips.

Reaching out tentatively, Wendy's face was poised and tensed just in case of a surprise attack.  As she grasped the handle, even Charle prepared herself for anything to spring from inside.  However, as the door creaked open silently, Wendy and Charle's looks of determination turned to ones of confusion and dumbfoundness.

"What...is this?!"  Charle exclaimed, shocked.

"There's...nothing there!"  Wendy exclaimed, as equally surprised as the white exceed.

And how true they were.  Instead of waiting to see another room like a regular door would show, there was nothing inside the frame.  As if the door was just there to fool everybody, Wendy looked through the frame and instead saw through the space of stairs they were currently in.

"What's the point in this...?"  Charle muttered, slightly frustrated.

Wendy looked through the door with her eyes shaking, possibilities running through her head.

"Charle..."  She started, and continued to speak when the exceed turned to her.  "...do you think...this is just a cover?"

Before Charle could ask what she meant, Wendy reached forward with her hand and entered the frame of the door.  As she did so, it seemed like water, and the area inside the door rippled and shimmered.