Chapter 12: Broken Hope

Hello, minna! ♥  Here is the next chapter, woohoo~!  This one is really long, and took me awhile to write. c:  I added more detail to this one, and it took me awhile to make sure the fighting scene was okay, so I guess that's what made it take so long.  Oh well, I'm really content with this chapter.♥ I have Volleyball today, so I have to go to that from 2:00 to 4:00. owo  I'll be back later, and maybe I'll be able to update again~

The multimedia is a song that goes with this chapter; I'm really obessed with it right now, and I kept repeating it over while writing this chapter! cx Please enjoy it!

I dedicate this chapter to NightfallVP. c:  Thanks for all the complements, including the story adds and being a fan of mine~!  It really means a lot to me; if you haven't fanned her, go for it!  She's great! ♥ I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember; feedback is very much appreciated! c;  Until the next chapter, ne?

--я y - c н α η ;;

❝ т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я ❞  ♦ღ♦ღ♦ღ

================================================================

Natsu turned his intense gaze on Lucy, and it seemed to slacken slightly from the fury Natsu was keeping back.  "Lucy, get out of here."

Lucy was temporarily stunned, but then she snapped back to her senses and made a face of nervousness.  "You can't, Natsu!  Virel's not like he was months ago, he's--"

Natsu and Lucy both flinched when Virel spoke.

Virel smirked.  "Ah, so Lucy understands my power now?  I'm not surprised; after all, I beat it into her."

Natsu's eyes widened.

As fast as light, Natsu suddenly surged forward, slamming his right fist straight into Virel's face.  Natsu's eyes were ferocious, and they were strained with a burning fury easily recognized in his eyes.  Virel was sent flying back through the open space in the wall, and through other walls of the guild until he emerged outside.  Skidding across the ground, Virel clenched his teeth as he kneeled on his feet, coming to a slow but controlled stop.

Natsu slammed his fist into his left palm, and twisted it threateningly as his expression was wild.  "Strong my ass!  Unless you want to get beat yourself, I suggest you shut the hell up!"

"Natsu!"  Lucy exclaimed, protesting.

Virel sneered, lifting himself up to his feet.  "That was quite unexpected.  However, you should have heeded your friends' warning."

A few people in the area scattered, leaving the guild to themselves.  Mira, Elfman, Jet, Freed, and everyone else in the guild pulled themselves from the part of the building that was destroyed, sitting atop the rubble and watching Natsu with determination.  Erza, Gray, Wendy, and Charle and Happy were behind Lucy, and they had all emerged from the ruined part of the infirmary.

"Lu-shee, come on!"  Happy exclaimed, floating up to her shoulder.

"No!"  Lucy exclaimed, stubborn.  "I'm not going to run away..!"

Looking around, Lucy remembered her keys, which had been set on the bedside table in the infirmary.  Jogging over there, Lucy picked up her keys and started to head on back out.

"I want to--"  Lucy started, but she suddenly halted and her eyes jerked wide.

"Lucy?!"  Wendy exclaimed.

Lucy's eyes started to relax, but it was because of the fact that the pain from her injuries had registered.  Dropping to a crouch, Lucy clutched the side of her stomach, her body slightly shaking in agony.  Lucy chsked in result, clutching one eye shut as the bandages on her face, head, arms, torso, and legs seemed to become less helpful.