Chapter 27: A Kiss and A New Promise {Final}

Hello, everyone! c':  Here is the final chapter to this series, wah! ♥ I'm really sad to see it go, but also happy that I was able to finish it. c':  I loved writing this, mostly because it was the sequel to "Invincible Wills and Feelings"! ♥ I hope you all enjoyed this story as much as I did, because I had such a good time writing it... c':  Now, time to start my next one! cx  I dedicate this final chapter to Good_Night. ~♥  Thanks for being such a great friend; go read her stories if you heavent! ^.^  Feedback is always appreciated!  Until my next story, everyone! :'D

cяypтιc_єyєs || яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

❝тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя❞

====================================================================

"Here, Lucy."

Lucy looked up, seeing Natsu smiling at her.

When she looked down to his hand in puzzlement, her eyes widened in relief and amazement.

"My keys!"  Lucy exclaimed, taking them into her hands.

"Ah.  I kept them safe for you."  Natsu replied, grinning at her.

Lucy blushed, though she was smiling gratefully.  "Thank you, Natsu."

He nodded, and they continued on their way.

When Lucy had calmed enough down after Natsu had defeated Virel, they had saw that he'd evaporated into dust, moving into the air and then disappearing.  Now, everyone was leaving the ceremonial temple, which was much easier to leave than come in.  Lucy decided to summon her spirits to help them along the way, and Loke ended up helping Erza around, while Gray refused any help whatsoever.  Wendy was alright to walk on her own, while Natsu and Lucy supported each other.

However, when Virgo appeared, she had brought bandages for them to wrap themselves in; they needed to stop and rest, which everyone did without protest.  The sun was setting as they all settled, and Lucy along with Virgo set to work on wrapping everyone's injuries.

When Lucy got to Natsu, she started wrapping his arm when he grabbed her hand.

"Natsu...?"  Lucy replied, wondering what he was doing.

"Oi, don't you need wrapped too?"

Lucy smiled at his generosity, and shook her head.  "I'll go last.  It's the least I could do."

"What do you mean, Lucy?"  Wendy asked, sitting with Charle around the fire that Loke had created for them all.  

"Yeah!"  Happy agreed.  "You make it sound like you owe us something!"

Lucy smiled slightly, though it was sad.  "It's nothing."

Everyone went quiet, wondering if they should press her further.  When they didn't, Lucy let out a relieved breath, and finished wrapping up Natsu's injuries and putting ointment on the cuts.

"There,"  Lucy replied, satisfied.  "This is the best we can do until we get home."

"Alright, Lucy; it's your turn to get your bandages wrapped."  Loke replied, grabbing her shoulder.

Natsu narrowed his eyes.  "Oi!  Don't touch her; if anyone's gonna do it it's me!"

"None of you are going to!"  Lucy exclaimed, sighing.  "We're out."

Everyone looked at her in surprise.  "What?!"

"But Lucy...you'll get sick or possibly an infection..."  Loke replied in worry.

Lucy shrugged, smiling at them.  "I'll be alright."

"I will go and try to salvage some more,"  Virgo replied, disappearing back into the Celestial Spirit World.