Chapter 24: Our Last Hope; Defeated or Victorious?

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san! ♥  Here is the next chapter, I hope you all like it!  Woohoo, I was able to update again! cx  Lol, you're welcome; to be honest, I had fun writing this chapter~!  This ones a bit longer, so I hope that pleases all of you! ^.^  I have a feeling all of you are going to be slightly shocked about the outcome... c;  Haha, enough, before I give everything away!  

Multimedia is a song I am pretty much obessed with right now..I love it so much!  I hope you all like it too!

I dedicate this chapter to yummysushi. c;  I absolutely adore her and her stories; please, go fan her if you haven't! ♥ Feedback is, as always, extremely appreciated!  I will try to update at least two more chapters; I want to get this story done, hehe. c:  I hope you all like it!  Until next time, everyone!

cяypтιc_єyєs || яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

❝тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя❞

==================================================================

Lucy felt strange.

It wasn't the fact that her sustainable injuries were taking a toll on her body, though she was sure that was having an effect on her.  She felt...tired.  Like...she couldn't do anything besides talk and lift her head.  Lucy was almost reminded of the time of Mastel, when he was sucking the life from her body and using her soul to revive Virel.

"These chains are really a pain in the ass..."  Natsu muttered, stopping his struggle to break the latches that kept Lucy held firmly to the wall.

Lucy's legs were curled up under her, and she sat on them, ignoring the dull throb that escaped from them.  "It's no use, Natsu..."

Natsu bent down to look at her.  "Eh?  What'd you say, Lucy?"

The reason for his question was because of the fact that Lucy had barely voiced her opinion, when she had expected it to voice out loudly.

What was going on?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Erza switched to her Heavens Wheel Armor.

"Let's go another round, shall we?"  Erza replied, her voice deadly.

Virel smirked.

"Huhp!"  Erza exclaimed, jumping forward after Virel.

Their swords slammed together, and a loud metallic clang echoed throughout the room.  The blades slided, and Erza pulled hers away to slide behind Virel, trying to find an opening.  As she swung diagonally to slice Virel's back, he brought his sword behind him quickly, facing the other way despite his arm pulled back to block her attack.

Erza made a noise of frustration, but pushed on, struggling to gain the advantage.

Virel looked behind his shoulder, and his expression was manic as he send a wave of magic into the air and slamming into Erza, knocking her backwards and sliding against the ground.  However, Erza didn't give in, and lunged back for him, summoning swords into the air to charge before her.  Virel, it seemed--just in time--was able to jump out of the way, avoiding Erza's suspended swords.

However, Erza came up from underneath him, surprising him slightly as she quickly changed armors, and revealed herself in her Flight Armor.  Virel tried to use his black sword to hit her from above, but Erza scattered to the left, hitting the wall high in the air and then pushing off with her legs to soar back towards Virel with incredible velocity.

Erza made a low battle cry, her speed doubled as she plummeted back towards Virel.  Virel's face was strained, not ready for the Flight Armor she possesed which enhanced her speed incredibly.