Chapter 5: The Decision Made!

Oh my god, finally! ;A;  I was finally able to update, kya! ♥ I'm so happy! ;w; I was in a writing mood all week, but never had enough time to write a chapter!  But, finally, I was able to! c':  Thank goodness~!  Anyways, how was all of your first week of school?  Or, rather, how was your week of school if you've started awhile ago? c:  Mine went by so slow...I swear. -.-  I haven't been able to sleep-in in forever! xc  But, finally, after tomorrow, I'll be able too! Yaayy! ♥  

Onto the story, though... I dedicate this chapter to yummysushi. c:  This person is just plain awesome, ne? ♥ She deserves a dedication; I love her stories.~  I hope you all enjoy this chapter that was (finally) able to be put up! >w<  Feedback is, as always, very much appreciated!  Until next time, Minna!

--я y - c н α η ;

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я ღ

=====================================================================

Laughter reverberated through the area, and people sat down outside, enjoying the cool mid-summer day.  People were walking across the streets of Magnolia, the city as peaceful as ever.  Seagulls wailed in the sky, being carried by the air currents and high into the clouds.  Everyone's feet clattered against the cobble-stoned street, whether they were wearing boots, sandals, heels; the result was the same.  Lucy was walking through the crowd as well, heading for the guild in the day.  As she did so, Lucy past a new art market, and barely glanced at it before something caught her eye.

"Eh?"  Lucy breathed, stopping in her tracks as she turned to stare at the displaying art piece.

It was very detailed, with smooth painted lines and crisp shadings that made the picture look so life-like.  Colorful hues of red, orange, green, blue, and purples decorated the background sky inside.  Lucy wasn't an artist, but she knew a good piece when she saw one.  However, the more she looked, she realized that the painting was violent.  Flames instantly erupted from the dead grass on the sides of the picture.

But that wasn't what caught Lucy's attention.

As Lucy stared, her eyes widened slightly in shock as the flames seemed to illusionly move throughout the frame as she stared at a dragon.

A black dragon.

Lucy felt her breath halt in her throat, and instantly an image of the Black Being flashed through her mind, its maw wide open and ready for destruction.  Red fire marked the dragon's scales, making it shine and light up the ends of the shiny scales.  Spittle seemed to drip from its jaws, and Lucy felt a familiar feeling wrap around her conscience.

The Black Being's roar echoed through Lucy's mind.  

She stood, frozen for a few minutes before shaking out of her reverie and remembering she was not being haunted by that specific dragon, but in the city of Magnolia, heading to the guild for another normal day.

But...Lucy couldn't fully admit that the days had been normal.

For the past few nights, Lucy had been dreaming the same haunting nightmare over and over, leaving her gasping for breath and shaking violently when she woke up as a result of the fear she felt.  Ever since she and her friends had gotten back from the small farm town of Brean, Lucy had been feeling uneasy and unlike herself.  She didn't know if any of her friends had noticed it; she tried to keep her troubles to herself.  After all, Lucy didn't want her friends to worry.  She was fine...

...Right?

Sighing, Lucy turned to go, taking one last look at the painting before turning back into the crowd, leaving it behind.  As she walked, Lucy remembered the very last encounter she had had with...Virel's illusion.  When she remembered the encounter, chills as now familiar as breathing raced up her skin, left leaving Lucy worried and stressed.