Chapter 18: Vengeful Feelings!

eeeee, Hello mina!! ~♥ I'm so excited for you all to read this chapter! ^.^  If all of you are wondering why I'm so excited, you'll have to read to find out, hehee!  I don't like giving spoilers...most of the time. cx  I can't wait for all of you to read the ending, ahhh!♥ Lol, okay, I gotta calm down now...I dedicate this chapter to Celine_Fullbuster. c:  Love her fan fictions alot; go fan her if you haven't! ^.^  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember; feedback is always very much appreciated!  Until next time, everyone!

--я y - c н α η ;

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

====================================================================

Lucy exclaimed loudly as Virel sent a spiraling ball of magic into her stomach, making spittle fly from her mouth as the air was knocked from her lungs.  The magic disappeared after it hit her skin, which had been rubbed raw.

That was the sixth time Virel's done that.

"Are you going to answer me yet?"  Virel asked, smirking.

Lucy's eyes shook as she clenched her teeth pitifully.  Tears were on the corner of her eyes from the pain; she couldn't help those.  Although, she was able to help the tears of sadness.  She held them back, glad for once she wasn't near her friends; she didn't want them to see her like this.

Lucy had been holding back her words, not wanting Virel to have the satisfaction of getting her answer.

Instead she retorted something else.  "Are you going to give up on asking me yet?"

Virel scowled, shoving his foot into Lucy's arm and making her slam into the wall behind her.  Lucy yelled a loud cry, and bit her bottom lip angrily.

"You see that circle over there?"  Virel hissed, grabbing onto Lucy's hair and turning her to the place he was describing.

Lucy's eyes were slits, but she could still see what Virel was pointing at.  In the front of the large room and up circular steps was a raised platform, where a ring of symbols covered the ground.

Lucy's breath halted.  "T-That's...!"

Virel smirked.  "You recognize it, do you?"

Lucy's thoughts flashed back to the memory of her staring at the opening of the gate...to the eyes of the Black Being...the wall with symbols, above Virel's head...In the Ceremonial Temple...the runes...

Lucy gulped.  "Th-The ring of symbols..."

Virel looked confident.  "Ah yes.  Very good, Lucy Heartfilia.  This is what I will use to re-summon him."

"But what does that have to do with m--"

Lucy cried out as Virel slammed her skull back against the concrete wall, making her vision swim and redden before returning to normal.

"What does it have to do with you, you ask?"  Virel hissed, forcing Lucy to look up at him.  "Everything.  You will stand up on that podium.  You will give up your powers for the Black Being, and you will be the one to bring back destruction."

"I won't do it!"  Lucy grinded out.

Lucy slammed her forehead into the bridge of Virel's nose, causing him to grunt in pain and stumble backwards.  Though severely injured, Lucy glared at Virel with an intense stare and clenched her teeth defiantly.

"How dare you...!"  Virel growled, a hand hovering over his nose.

He raised his hand.  "You deserve punishment!"