Chapter 25: Lucy's Despair!

Kon'nichiwa, everyone! ♥ I had so much fun writing this chapter, really!  And it's really long too, so your welcome!! :p  I had hoped I would be able to update again, and yay, I was able to! ^.^  I hope all of you are satisfied! ~♥  Cause, lol, I sure am!  I might be able to update one more time, if I have the energy. cx  Lol, I probably do!

Song in the mutlimedia is another song I am obsessed with!  I hope you all like it! c:

I dedicate this chapter to fairytailnalu1. c:  Thanks so much for being such a great friend, and for always commenting on my stories!  I don't think I could be here without you!  I specifically hope you enjoy this chapter, Ed-sama! ♥ But of course, I hope the rest of you enjoy as well!  Remember, feedback is extremely appreciated!  Please enjoy, ne?  Until next time, minna!

cяypтιc_єyєs || яy-cнαη

ೋღ♥ ღೋ

❝тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя❞

==================================================================

Lucy cried.

She had been stuck, in this dark abyss, for more than fifteen minutes.  And there she saw her friends, half able to watch them while her soul was here, in this place.  She had thought it was over.  Lucy had thought that Erza had finished it, and that the nightmare was finally over.  That they could finally go home, and live on.  That she could live.

But it wasn't meant to be.

Was this what Fate wanted?  For Lucy to feel such despair and loneliness that she couldn't do anything to help her friends?  After all, they were doing all of this to save her; to bring her home.

But she was being restricted.  

By Fate.

My other self was right...  Lucy thought, her head in her hands. You don't have any control over your destiny...

"What are you doing, Lucy Heartfilia?  Don't you want to help your friends?"

Lucy lifted her head, her cheeks pink from crying so much.  When she removed her hands from her face, the dark abyss turned into a world of stars, and she was covered in warmth.

Her eyes widened as she looked up, seeing the being towering over her.

"Asatrot!"  Lucy exclaimed, shock in her voice yet delight in it as well.  "You're okay!"

Astarot nodded once, slowly.  "I'm alright, but this is all I can do for you.  I'm still very weak."

"Is there anything I can do?"  Lucy asked, her voice urgent.  "I want to help!"

"You cannot help me, but you can help your friends."  Astarot replied, as big and brilliant as Lucy remembered.

"I-I can?"  Lucy replied, surprised.  "But.. my strength..."

"If you dig deep, you can aquire as much strength as you need."

Lucy was silent for a moment, but then her expression turned determined.  "Alright."  She looked up at Astarot.  "How can I help my friends?  I want to more than anything."

"I don't have much time left, so I have to tell you this quickly,"  Astarot replied, his large voice echoing throughout space.  "If you wish to help your friends, you have to reach the peak of your emotions!"

"The peak..of my emotions?  What do you mean?"  Lucy murmured, confused.

Astarot shot steam from his nostrils.  "I cannot say more than that.  If I reveal the answer, your emotions won't be real.  Once they are at their peak, then a flame will appear for a friend to take."