9

It was practically lunch time, and Lex hadn't been down to the lab. I've been working on project 'no name' for hours. I wanted to tell him about my ideas. I had an inkling to apply the blueprints from a project I had been working previously. I thought it would work. Before meeting Lex, before even applying for the job here at LexCorp, I had been working on a way to liquefying pills for medical purposes. I was responsible for the discovery of the liquefied amalgamations of irons. It's a complex that contains other herbs, vitamins and minerals that assist in its absorption.
     It quickly became an important dietary mineral regularly prescribed by nutritionists and naturopaths as a form of supplementation to those with low blood-Iron levels. My younger brother was anemic; I had set out to help with that a while ago. Not that it was the only think I accomplished, but in this case it could be what Lex needed. I wanted to discuss it with him today. After all, I would need his permission and signature to begin figuring out if the composition and chemical makeup of Kryptonite would allow me to liquefy it.
     If it would, and I could, Lex would, or could, potentially have it in a form that would prolong the amount of time Kryptonians would be weakened in the presence of Kyrptonite. How? Well, instead of Kryptonite dwindling from the body of a Kryptonian through the retrieval of oxygen as the Kryptonite distances from them, it would be cycling repeatedly through their veins. Blood still cleanses itself, so its highly probably another dosage would be needed vicariously. But that's what Lex wanted, an elongated time frame in which their superhuman powers were lessened. With the right dosage, it could diminish their powers without being deadly. This was my personal goal.
     Of course too much of anything would be an overdose and so this would be no different, but it wasn't unique to this situation. Hypothetically speaking, I could have a potential way to make them, you know Kryptonians, more or less...human for extended amount of time I suppose. The only thing to be considered, is that their skin is rock hard, and so they'd have to breathe in fumes of Kryptonite in order to allow skin penetration. Like anesthesia and IVs.

For once I knocked on his office door without the help of the short haired woman. My cheeks radiated as he answered the door. I had been yearning to see him, just, appreciate him somehow.
"Can we talk for a moment Lex? If you have a moment."
"Of course! For you? My trustee? No doubt. What is it you want to discuss? Advancements? Propositions?" He paused, chortling. "The telecast informing the city of Metropolis there will be a trial to mandate the consequences of Superman's actions?"

Propositions. I wanted to speak to him of propositions. But, how could I let such a topic slide.
"I didn't know about it until I saw it. Honest. Or I would have offered to help back you up." I sounded defensive. With a beaming smile he walked towards me.
"Oh Mira Mira Mira! You don't need to defend yourself! Though I must say, I am very happy to hear that you would sit on my side of the court room if need be!"
"So you know—"
"About the bullet? Miss Morix you can only delete so much coding. I'm not enraged with you, no. Quite the opposite. I'm rather curious. And just surprised you know Miss Lane." He walked away, hopping on his desk to sit.
"I, uh, yeah we've known each other for a long time."
"Yet she's hiding behind her secrets. On such a serious s matter nevertheless! Treating you like a pawn in a game of chess in which she's made herself the piece of the queen!" He hopped down pacing. "Why do you think that is?" He raised an eyebrow, his fingers resting on the bottom of his chin.
"I haven't figured that out yet."
"Mm! Well! Let me try and help you with that. I once was in this—no, that story isn't important. It's just a reminiscent memory. What was I saying? Ah! Heh, Miss Lane. Let me tell you something."
"Of course." I wasn't sure how else to respond to the scatter minded moment.

He began pacing around me.
"People who are constantly suffering from emotional wounds tend to easily get annoyed with others for no apparent reason."
"You seem to be speaking from experience Lex."
"Agh! No. But! Heh. You know what my father used to scream at me."
"What's that?"
"When a woman no longer gets frustrated and upset with you, you can almost guarantee that she doesn't care anymore. Scream it, he would scream it. But now why would I say that just to tell you? Who cares about the ridiculous dialogue that sometimes shielded me from daddy's fists? I say this, Miss Mira, because the same goes for friendships."
I hesitated. "How...so?"

He looked at me emptily for a few moments. As if what he were saying was obvious.

"Miss Morix! Mira! Dear! You can't take your friends to hell with you! When they stop recognizing the substantial building blocks of the relationship, that reliance, there's nothing there! You're alone. They've left you to gait towards blistering pits of existence alone. A-lone!"
"But how does that—"
"When people around you stop contributing to the structure, they no longer care.In the decisive moment I won the victory over myself, after atrocities, and abominations, I chose to live. And believe me; it takes courage to choose life under those circumstances. But! I decided to play a part in my conditions without the presence of those who bring my mind such carnage."