Chapter 28:Memory

"Uncle!Uncle!"

  I ran as fast as my short legs could carry me and jumped into Apollo's arms. He chuckled in response and lifted me up into the air.

  "Really, Apollo. You'll hurt her." Hera looked at us in distaste as she dodged just in time before my foot knock out her teeth.

  "No I won't,"Apollo said, placing me down on a chair. He patted my head. "When she grows up, she's goin' to marry one of my sons."

  At the corner, Hades scoffed. "No, she'll marry mine."

  Apollo let out a snort. "In case you forgot, your kids' still stuck in that Lotus Casino." To me, he smiled so brightly I had to narrow my eyes. "Now now, go to Aunt Aphrodite."

  "Aunt!Aunt!"I charged out of the house. Aphrodite was checking out the handsome guy across the street. He was smirking at her in a lustful way that made me want to puke.

  "Hey sweetheart."She managed to tear her eyes away. I gazed into her eyes, which shifted into Demeter's warm brown eyes for a moment before shifting into Athena's sharp grey eyes.

  "Uncle Apollo told me to find you," I pouted as Aphrodite kneeled down and ruffled my hair.

  "Ah.He must be unwilling to let you go."She chuckled."Dear Apollo is always so different around you. I wonder..."She trailed off before taking my hand."Someday,Foínix, you are going to make men fall all over your feet."

  "What does that mean?"I asked innocently.

  "You'll know soon."

  "Why not tell me now?You have already taught me how to seduce,"I pointed out.

  "Don't tell that to Demeter and Apollo."Aphrodite winced."That skill will be useful to you in the future. Zeus doesn't want you to learn useless stuff,"she mumbled, her red lips barely moving.

  "Aphrodite?We're having a meeting."Demeter's head popped out from the door. She smiled warmly at me."Foínix, be a good girl and wait here,okay?"

  The both of them went in without a word, and I was left to my own devices. I climbed up to the roof of the playground and sat there, swinging my legs. Suddenly, the playground vibrated.

  An image appeared in front of me, and I stood up with some difficulty. The image sharpened, and a man with leaf green eyes stared down at me adoringly.

  "Foínix,"he whispered softly,opening his arms. Without thinking I jumped off the playground, into the man's arms, and before I knew it, the image flickered and disappeared in a flash. I felt myself falling fast, before I landed on the ground with a dull thud.