Chapter 23:The Gods' Meeting about My Future

I tried my best not to gasp.“What happened then?”

  Hecate stood up and poured herself a glass of water.“To make the long story short,Zeus got hold of the situation and made the both of them sit.They were glaring as if they would chop each other into little pieces,if given the chance.”

  She took a sip of water and sighed loudly in contentment.“Athena stood up from the couch,her chin tilted up in determination.'She is a smart girl,but for the sake of our future,we should kill her.'She didn't even flinch at speaking the word 'kill',”Hecate said,raising her free hand angrily.“She just spoke without any emotion.

  “Aphrodite stood up immediately after Athena sat down.'In my opinion,'she said,blowing at her fingernails,'That girl shouldn't die.But frankly speaking,don't all of us agree that she shouldn't even be borned?'”

  I had to bite my bottom lip to keep myself from gasping at Aphrodite's bluntness.

  Hecate continued.“The gods murmured in agreement.I saw Demeter's shocked expression,and at first she tried to speak.But when nothing came out of her mouth,Artemis cleared her throat loudly.

  “'I think,'she said,'We can't come to a conclusion like this.We should let Foínix decide this herself.'”