Chapter 9:The Friendliest Send-Off From My Uncle

"I'm really,really sorry,"I apologised again.

  "Really,Foínix,"Percy said,sounding a little annoyed."I've already said,it's okay.Really."

  "But...That fountain was a gift from your brother,"I stammered guiltily.

  "Tyson..."Percy's green eyes seemed to be looking at his past.

  I found myself staring at him as if hypnotised.Percy wiped away the dazed look and noticed me staring at him."What?Is there anything on my face?"He wiped his cheeks with his sleeves,hoping to get rid of whatever dirt he had on his face.

  "No."I blushed furiously."I just thought..."

  "Thought what?"Percy looked at me,and I gazed into his eyes.I felt as if I was drowning into the colour seagreen.

  A loud knock on the door made us jump.I realised that the both of us were leaning forward towards each other,and I quickly backed away.Percy had a guilty look on his face.

  "Come in,"he said,and the door opened.Annabeth stepped in.She didn't see the word 'guilt' written across his forehead.

  "Foínix!I have finally found you.You shouldn't run when you have an injured leg.What are you doing in Percy's room?"

  "Nothing!"I said too loudly."So where's Mr. D?I need to find him..."

  "We haven't even treat your wounds,"she pointed out.I just shrugged,and she continued,"By the way,Mr. D wants to talk to you now."

  I didn't have the time to register what she said in my mind,because there was a loud crack and a man with the oddest eye colour appeared,causing me to yelp.

  "You must be Felicia,"the man said."I am Mr. D."He took a sip from his Diet Coke.

  "Foínix,"I corrected him,my head throbbing slightly.There's something familiar with this guy...

  "Why don't you pack your things now,"Mr. D said as if I hadn't spoke at all,"And set out for the quest?"

  "Dionysus..."I blurted."I just came here,in case you don't know..."

  "So you do remember me,"Dionysus said,widening his purple eyes at me."Strange,didn't she block her childhood memories?"He muttered something under his breath before speaking to me."You can set out for the quest,Fayne,immediately,right away,now."

  "But Uncle..."

  "Uh-uh-uh,"he interupted."We're at camp,so call me sir."

  "But sir,"I started again,but Dionysus just rolled his eyes.

  "I don't really care if you're a new member;just set out for the quest,"He snapped his fingers loudly,and disappeared into thin air as the smell of grapes and wine dazed me.