OLD - 1

I do not own the Lost Boys, Santa Carla, or David, sadly, however I do own Alexandra, Kyle, Jesse, and Eric as they did not appear in the movie.  This takes place a fair time after the events of The Lost Boys, still in Santa Carla.  Yes there are similarities between this chapter and Micheal meeting them, the similarities end as the story goes on.

NOTICE  - I am currently editing this to be better, and closer in storyline to the non fanfiction.  So, if some things get messed up, let me know.

Jenna

 Sure the town had been friendly in daylight.  Full of weirdos, myself included, but not hostile.  Well look how quickly that had changed.  I'd been being followed for the past hour.  They sounded drunk.  But I had neither the energy, nor stamina to get far enough from them. 

 I backed against the alley wall, my heart pounding in my ears.  "Stay away!" I yelled feebly, knowing it was no use, it was six to one, and I was a stick thin fifteen year old girl.  As they closed in a voice yelled out behind them. 

     "She said 'Stay away'."

I looked up, four more guys had come into the alley, probably having heard my yell.  Two were bleach blond, one had bright toxic green hair, and the other's was dark brown.  It was one of the blondes who had spoken, he looked angry, his bright, pale blue eyes shinning dangerously.  He walked up to the men surrounding me, pushing them aside like they were cardboard cutouts, and perfectly ignoring it when they punched him.  They fell to the ground, looking groggy and furious. 

"It's okay," he whispered to me "You don't have to be afraid anymore."

I didn't know why, but I believed him.  He held out his hand and I took it. 

"Eric, Kyle, Jesse, take care of them." I assumed he was adressing the other three guys who had come with him.  They came up as he pulled me out of the alley. 

"What's your name?" he asked "Alexandra." I said softly, not bothering to add my last name, I had run away from home three years ago. 

"Alexandra," he repeated "My name is David, the other three are my brothers, Kyle, Jesse, and Eric." I nodded, not exactly sure why he was telling me. 

"Live around here Alex?" he asked, I shrugged

"All over the place really, I only came to Santa Carla two days ago." I muttered. 

"No family?"

"I ran away when I was twelve." Why did I just tell him that!  I've known him for three minutes! 

"Have to be careful around here, lot of people aren't friendly by any meaning." I nodded again "If you don't have anywhere to go, you could stay with us a while." he told me "It seems you aren't really sure of how things work here.  Not a lot of jobs for people young as you, or anyone for that matter." 

I thought for a long time, I really had nothing to lose, and David seemed sincere.  I got the oddest feeling around him.  That I was safe.  Finally deciding, I nodded, and he smiled. 

"Come on, I'll show you where we stay."

     We were quite a long was from the alley now, he stopped at a set of bikes.  Fitting that they'd have motorcycles, they all gave off a distinct bad boy air, even though they were friendly enough.  He hopped on one of them, pulling me up behind him. 

      It was a long ride, we stopped at the edge of some cliffs.  It was a sheer drop, overlooking the churning sea. 

"You live...here?" I asked, looking confused.  David laughed softly, it was an eerie, haunting sound.  "No, we live there." he told me, pointing to a cave mouth a bit ahead of us.  It was a bit of a mess inside, rubble shoved against the walls

"Your sure it's safe?" I asked him. 

"Of course, safer now than when it was normal.  It used to be a hotel, but they built it right on the fault line.  When the big one hit San Francisco, it sunk.  So it's ours now." 

No sooner did he finish speaking then his brothers came in, laughing their heads off.  One of them was carrying a box of takeout, my stomach grumbled at the smell.  I hadn't realized how hungry I was until now.  I looked through it as they took stuff out, waiting to see what I wanted.  Toward the end of the boxes was the one I was looking for, thin sliced terriaki steak.  Which was pretty much the only chinese food I would eat. 

      The green haired one, Jesse, saw me staring at it.  He handed me the box and chuckled slightly when I ate three in under a minute. 

"Hungry are you?" he asked

"Starving" I said, my eyes travelling around the room, alighting on each odd feature, from the pile of half burnt candles in the center, to the bats hanging, asleep on the ceiling. 

The other blond, I think his name was Eric,- David had told me but I forgot names easily - had picked up an ornate wine bottle, and they passed it around, each taking a small sip.  Jesse handed it to me, I took it, but only stared.  It wasn't like I hadn't had wine before, my parents used to let me have a small glass at family dinners.  But I was wary of this, I did not want to end up drunk with four guys.  Being polite I raised the bottle to my lips, but kept them tightly shut.  I handed it to David who held it in his hands like it was solid gold. 

"Nice trick Alex," he said softly "Eric did the same thing when he first came here." 

    I paled slightly "I-I don't drink." I lied, but my stutter probably gave it away.  He handed the bottle back to me, and there would be no tricking him.  Or any of them.  I was starting to regret agreeing to stay.  I raised the bottle again, and let the drink fill my mouth.