OLD - 18

"You okay Alex?" My cousin Tyler asked "You don't look so good."

 "I'm fine Ty, just, a little tired is all." I paused "Can you show me that trick again?" He nodded grinning, and mounted his dirt bike.

 "You have to use it's momentum, otherwise you'll never be able to move it." He said, demonstrating the fake crash with perfection, coming up totally unharmed. "Now you try it." he said.

 "What if I do it wrong, and wreck it?"

 "Al, the last thing I'm worried about is this bike getting wrecked. Just try not to wreck yourself." I nodded.

 "Right."

********************

"How did they get tied up...." Jesse's voice was confused, but I could tell from his tone he was grinning like an idiot.

 "Jesse, how the hell would I know?" Kyle, probably looked normal, small smile, eyes showing that his mind was elsewhere.

 "Where- oh, there she is." Eric.

 "Looks like she's asleep." Jesse, hint of excitement in his voice again, probably wanted to wake me up.

 "Probably is, that happened to me remember." Kyle, huh, so that must happen because it was daytime when I....Okay, not thinking about that now.

 I listened to the guys talking, staying perfectly still.

 "David, your gonna want to see this."

 There was a pause, and a small chuckle, I could easily picture his face, triumphant glow in his eyes, sadistic smirk.

 "Well, seems she was more capable than she knew."

 A sudden shout echoed through the cave.

 "Get us out of here!" That other boy, I didn't know his name. How did they get tied up? I don't remember doing that...But I don't really remember much of anything until right up to my attacking Carrie.

 "Carrie, look at Carrie, Isaac this is your fault!" Well, technically it was mine, but I was pretending to be asleep, so I didn't say anything.

 "Would you shut up!" Isaac hissed "We are in enough trouble as it is, without you-" He cut off, he had probably seen they guys.

 "Hello boys," David's voice was it's mock welcoming one, I had heard him use it a lot.

 Neither of them spoke. Well, I had to wake up at some point, might as well be now. I opened my eyes, looking up, Isaac and his friend were tied up, and somehow stuck to the side of the fountain. I definitely didn't remember doing that. But I must have, there had been no one else here.

 "Morning sis," Jesse muttered, winking at me. I was tempted to roll my eyes, mentally I felt no different. Physically I felt like everything had suddenly become very breakable.

 "Alex!" I heard Isaac shout as I stood up, very slowly, and a little unsteady on my feet. I felt as if I'd been hit over the head with a mallet, repeatedly. "Tell them to let us go!" My lip twitched slightly, he still trusted me, at least a little.

 "Are you crazy!" His friend demanded "She killed Carrie!"

 I did, I had killed her, I had killed someone. Why didn't I feel sorry? I felt nothing for it, nothing at all, no regret, no sadness.

 "Alex?" Isaac's voice was pleading, his gaze met mine, his eyes were still fearful. But mine would be too.

 "Aww, listen to Froggy plead." Jesse cooed, eyes flickering with amusement.

 "Shut up Jesse," I muttered, stepping towards Isaac. His friend paled, looking like he was going to pass out, heh, they actually looked quite comical.

I stopped in front of them, Isaac smiled weakly, his friend watched me with narrowed eyes.  I sighed, no way was this gonna be easy.

"Let them go David." I said, my voice flat.

"Can't do that." Did he ever do anything besides tease/mock/bait me?  I don't really think so.

"Then I'll do it for you." I retorted, turning my back on Isaac and his friend. 

In one movement the rope fell to the ground, and Isaac had a stake over my heart.  Simplest way to get them out, threaten myself, Isaac had realized this too.  That or he was really going to kill me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter eighteen

Kinda short...

Next one should be longer...

Hope you like it!

Please comment and vote!

Luna