OLD - 19

"Holy crap!"

"What happened?"

"She just passed out?"

"Yeah, maybe all the blood made her sick?"

"Dunno, someone should get a teacher though, make sure she's okay..."

Voices spun above my head.  Dizzy, so very dizzy, I sat up. 

"Hey look, she's getting up.."

"Huh, what, what happened...Where's Isaac?" My voice was a little broken when I spoke.

"Who's Isaac," One girl asked, she was probably my age, long black hair, strikingly blue eyes.  Wait a minute, I knew her, she was Lizzie Marx, one of Amelia Raymonds friends, what was she doing here.  Looking around I saw many of my old classmates...Wait....Had I....Just....No way, that'd be too weird.  No way could I have just dreamed all that.  The guys, Isaac, that girl Carrie, vampires, running away.  The more I thought about it the more having dreamt it made sense. 

A tear rolled down my face as I stood up.  Looking around I saw my school, I was clearly still fifteen or sixteen, so I hadn't totally dreamed my life...But I couldn't remember anything but the dream.  Running away, clearly I hadn't, dear god, what had happened to me?

"Hey, Alex?" A sandy haired, black eyed boy, probably a year or so older than me.  My cousin Tyler.

"Hmm?" I was spacing out, thinking over my dream. 

"You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked him

"Carrie Stalone got a bad nosebleed, you turned the color of chalk, and then, just, passed out." He said, looking worried.

"I'm fine Ty, don't worry about it.  Just a little....The sight of blood is not doing me any favors at the moment." I couldn't think of any other way to word it, considering I didn't know what happened at all, I had been dreaming.  Where I had killed Carrie.  This was going to take some getting used to.

                                                                                   ****

I managed to get through the rest of the school day, but my mind was still trying to reason out the dream bits from the reality.  My parents were abusive.  I knew that.  I hadn't run away.  But that did NOT explain why the past three years of my life were blank besides that dream.

 Unless something REALLY bad had happened to me.  So much that I blocked it out.  That happened to people, I had read about it once.

"Maybe I should stay a while, you still look kinda pale." Tyler had insisted on walking me home.

 "Tyler, go home." I said for the hundredth time.  

 "Why are you so eager to get rid of me, I'm your only close cousin and I've never seen the inside of your house, or been within ten feet of it for that matter."

I gave him a pained look "I...There's things I don't want you to see."

"What are your parents are fine, so are you, why can't I?"

"My parents....Aren't fine....At all...." I muttered.

"What do you-" He stopped,  didn't give him time to figure it out.

"Bye Tyler, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I knew it was a lie, but I ran the rest of the way home, locking the door behind me.  I crept through the house and into my bedroom, exactly as it had been three years ago...

I flicked on my radio, turning it up so that anything I did wouldn't be heard over it.  Kryptonite by Three Doors Down blared through my room.  Even though I couldn't hear myself speak, I heard a whisper, as if carried by the wind.  David's voice, faintly calling my name.  I shook my head

"They don't exist, it was a dream, just a really messed up dream." I muttered to myself.

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman

If I'm alive and well will you be there holdin' my hand

I'll keep you by my side with my super-human mind

I sang along with the song as I pulled clothes out of my closet.  Not really looking I pulled out a jacket, an old, dark blue, slightly faded jean jacket.  Exactly the one I'd found in the cave.  Was I crazy?  My stomach growled with hunger, sweet, normal hunger.  Odd that I would miss that feeling.  But I did. 

Slipping out of my room and into the kitchen, weird, usually there was some sign my parents were here.  But the sink was full of dishes, and there was milk, cereal, and a half eaten piece of toast out on the table, as if they had just eaten breakfast.  I walked out into the living room.  A slightly sickening sight met my eyes.

Sat on the couch, blank eyed, staring at a television they could no longer see.  Clearly dead.  Were both my parents.  My mother, an older version of myself, though her eyes were hazel.  And my father, dark red haired, stormy gray eyed.  It didn't take me long to find out the cause of their deaths.  Both of them had bites on their necks, bites I had seen so often.  So maybe I wasn't crazy.  But everyone would think I was, if I ever told a soul that vampires had killed my parents. 

Looking at them I felt sad, but relieved at the same time.  They were my parents, but, they had never been parents at all, not to me, not to anyone.  They were just people, people who had hurt and humiliated me too many times to count.  Feeling a little sick again, I walked back to my bedroom.  Finished packing my things, and headed out the door.  This time I wasn't dreaming, this time was real.

Outside was another surprise, though this one was pleasant.  My bike, the one that the guys had given me for my birthday, was sitting in the driveway.  It hadn't been there when I got home. 

 "Alex!" Crap, Tyler was back.

I turned around, dropping my bag next to my bike. 

"Why didn't you ever tell anyone about your parents?" He asked "We could have helped."

I shook my head "They would have fed you some believable lie, and I'dve gotten beaten worse." I said.  "And I have to go, I'm spending the night at a friend's house." I lied.

"No your coming with me, and I'm getting my dad to have a word with your parents-" I cut him off

"You can't, and if you go look in the living room, you'll see why." Okay, probably not my smartest idea, but at this point I was just making it up as it happened.

"Oh my god, what, what happened?" Tyler's shocked face looked as if he'd never move again.  If anyone would believe me, he would.  Might as well give it a try.

"They were killed," I paused "By vampires." He turned to me, and strangely, he nodded.

"You don't think I'm crazy?" I asked, bewildered.

"I think I'm shocked enough right now to believe it if you told me that I was abducted by aliens and they stuck a brain eating worm in my head." He muttered.

"Alexandra," The familiar, always calm tone of Eric's voice floated through the house.  Tyler spun in a full circle,

"Who was that?" He demanded, thank god, he heard it too. 

On the other hand....That might not be a good thing.....

This was gonna be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter nineteen

your probably wondering what's going on

Hope you liked it

Luna