Chapter 1 : Near death experience, I think

You muttered under your breath as you glance at your wristwatch. You still have an hour before the opening ceremony begins, but here you are, in the school gymnasium's storage room, earlier than everyone, silently regretting why you signed up for this. And to think this was just your first day as a junior high student at Shiratorizawa Academy.

Same old, same old. You don't know why but you can't resist saying no to people when they need your assistance. "Well, this time, it's my fault." You grumbled as you finish off the equipment inventory checklist you were asked to do by one of the gym teachers. "Stupid alarm clock... If only I didn't arrive here early..."

You took one last look at the storage room to see if you missed anything when something caught your eye at the corner of the room, a full length mirror. You checked yourself out, sighing with relief that your uniform did not become dirty from the dust of the storage room.

As you made your way out of the room, a sudden loud sound made you stop in your tracks. The sound was accompanied by a gust of wind coming in front of you that somehow messed up your hair that you lazily did, not even tie in a ponytail before going to school. Nervously, you looked back to whatever it is that almost took your head off. "A ball?!" you internally screamed.

"WHO THE HELL WANTED TO KILL ME WITH A DANG BALL?! Did I do something wrong?"Several other thoughts crossed your mind that you did not notice that somehow you were tearing up from the thought of almost dying, or at the very least, the recipient of an earth-splitting headache.

Slowly you shifted your gaze from the ball that wanted you dead to wherever it came from. You had already made up your mind, in the course of those few seconds of life appreciation, to verbally abuse whoever threw the ball at you. But that overwhelming presence standing before you made you think otherwise.

Recollecting yourself, you now notice that the gym has a volleyball court set-up and the presence was standing on the other side of the net. You silently curse yourself for being too sleepy to notice earlier before you went to the storage room. However the most pressing question in your mind right now is: "Who the hell is that person?"

You blankly stood there, staring at the mysterious person, unable to remove your sights on him. You noticed this and just gave up on trying to look away and just studied his features. He was tall, way taller than you; his hair looks brown, but it may be cause of the gym's lighting; his piercing eyes well, you can't see that far, but you're betting it compliments his hair. Somehow, you felt like time stood still for the two of you, to have this moment, to have a staring competition.

He was the first to break the silence, as he took his first step towards you. Time suddenly started again. This is real and he is going towards you. His footsteps echoed in the empty gymnasium and reverberated in your ears. His stride was long but his step was slow that you wondered when he would be near enough to reach you.

Your legs begin to tremble but you never broke eye contact. Somewhere in the back of your mind you're thinking that if you even dared blink, something bad will happen. You stood your ground, albeit weakly, waiting for him to come to you. Your trembling hands told another story however, as you dropped the clipboard you were using for the storage inventory.

He stopped for a bit the moment your clipboard dropped, allowing you a moment's reprieve to breathe. But he continued moving towards you, faster this time around, and so sudden that you didn't have the time to actually complete a single breathing cycle.

As he drew nearer, you couldn't help but notice his muscular build, chiselled jawline, and that handsome face. "Oh, his eyes are dark-olive" you thought to yourself, mentally saving that image. He was visibly sweating, but you didn't seem to mind the smell he was exuding. The scent was intoxicating "So manly..." you thought out loud, before your hands closed up on your mouth to prevent further embarrassment.

He was within an arm's reach from you, and you had to look up to meet his gaze. His mouth began to move as if he was ready to tell you something, and your heart is just about to burst from both fear and excitement, which by now, you don't know which one is the right one to feel. "Oy! First year girl! Are you finished with the inventory? Oy!" A voice suddenly filled the void of the gymnasium.

Both you and him lost the staring competition when both of you fixed your sights on the door from where the voice came from. It was the teacher earlier who asked you for help, who you now wish knew the meaning of reading the atmosphere of a room.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! EXCUSE ME!!" you yelled in one breath not allowing him the opportunity to speak, or to continue what he was going to say before he was so rudely interrupted. You hurriedly grabbed the clipboard from the floor and made a dash towards the teacher. You gave him the inventory checklist but won't look him in the eye as you still feel your cheeks flushed with 50 shades of red.

You bowed to the teacher and hurriedly left the gym area, not even looking back once. You ran as far as the main school gate where the other students are entering the grounds one after the other. You looked at your wristwatch, "7:30, huh" you muttered while catching your breath. "Just enough time to fix myself in the washroom" As you walked towards the school building, you keep remembering his face. "I think I want to see him again... properly this time"

-------------------------

A/N: The setting starts at junior high so characters like Tendou will be appearing a bit late in the book. Please bear that in mind.

Also, I needed it to start at junior high since I want it to Xb

Again, this is my first book so I'm fine with criticism but please no flames (be gentle with me~)

Thank you for reading and hope liked it ^^