Chapter 23 : Tangential Thoughts

A/N: Uh... hi... 

I took too long, I know. I'm sorry. 

Things have just been pretty hectic on my end and... I'm sorry

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ^^

---------------

"So how's your love life?"

That was the sixth time Oikawa asked you that question in the past hour. Lifting your gaze from your textbook, you sighed. On one hand, you felt happy that he was curious and—knowing Oikawa—would surely give you his undivided attention should you decide to gush out about your love life; on the other, well, you'd much prefer he ask such questions once the three of you have finished going over your studies.

Yep, you were study buddies.

Also, Iwaizumi's here. Just saying.

Lounging in the sitting room in your house, the two of you sat across each other while Iwaizumi sat beside Oikawa.

It was a curious situation, how the two members of your rival team were studying with you when Shirabu couldn't even be bothered to study with you and Ushijima, well... you couldn't bring yourself to invite him over.

So why were the two Seijou students with you?

Two words: free tutoring.

The fact that you were advanced and had a strict devil for a brother may have been the reason for their trust in your intellectual prowess. In your opinion, (bf/n) would have been a better choice since she was waaaayyy smarter than you but then again; she wasn't really the best teacher. It was something you learned about her the hard way, but that's a story for the future.

Don't get me wrong. Oikawa and Iwaizumi aren't dumb and their grades aren't bad either. It's just that having someone smarter to help them study and quite possibly improve their grades feels reassuring for them and you didn't really mind.

This time, however, you finally understood why Shirabu preferred studying alone.

"Hajime-senpai..." you whined, trying to get the wing spiker to help you with containing Oikawa.

Twirling a pen in his hand, Iwaizumi stared at the two of you as he thought over what to do. You and Oikawa sending the spiky-haired teen puppy dog eyes and telepathic winks, trying your hardest to win Iwaizumi over to your side. Having reached a decision, Iwaizumi put his pen down.

"We could use a break."

"Seriously?!" You and Oikawa yelled in unison.

"Wait, why the hell are you surprised? He took your side?"

"That's the point! Iwa-chan took my side!"

It was amusing how despite winning Iwaizumi's favour, Oikawa himself couldn't believe that his best friend would actually side with him (well, other than volleyball).