Chapter 6 : Dream?

"Ushijima-senpai..."

"You..."

Ushijima softened his gaze as he turned around to face you, his eyes still locked with yours. You felt your face grow pale but you couldn't bring yourself to look away. You bite down on your lower lip, trying to hurt yourself wishing that it would bring you out of this trance you keep getting yourself into whenever he was around. It actually worked, surprising you for a split-second and finally you were able to look away, although hesitantly. Your masochistic lip-biting was put all in vain as you begrudgingly looked right back at him when you heard him take a step forward. With each step he took you made sure to back away, your palms sweating even more than they already were. His stride was slow and taunting; you couldn't help but feel smaller and smaller under his gaze as he continues to draw closer to you. Being the clumsy person you are, you tripped over your other foot as you tried to take one more step back but you never felt the impact of your butt meeting the ground to say 'hello, I missed you.'

Your gaze was directed on the ground and you began to tense, feeling his grip on your arm. But that vicelike grip was nothing compared to the way you were feeling with the arm he had snaked around your waist, gently supporting you so as to keep you from falling. Your eyes widened in horror and you felt your heart leap out of your mouth "No. Freaking. Way!" you screamed in your thoughts. Finally being able to process the situation you were in, you panicked and started screaming, forcefully trying to pry away from his grip. "Wait!" That growl was the last thing you heard before you finally fell down allowing your butt and the ground another reunion. Your eyes glued shut as the pain of hitting the rough pavement circulate throughout your backside and arms reverberate throughout your body.

You whimpered as you feel a bit of blood starting to drip out of the small bruise you acquired on your elbow. Gingerly, you opened your eyes while letting out a breath, only for it to be inhaled almost instantaneously because of the sight before you. No wonder you thought you smelled something familiar, Ushijima was directly on top of you, both of his hands supporting his weight so as not to squish you from under him, one of his legs is in between both of yours while his head rested on your shoulder. Your hands were pressed against his chest, gripping on the cloth of his shirt. You felt him exhale sharply feeling his hot breath tickle the skin on your neck, the hairs on your neck standing at the feeling. You bit down on your lower lip trying your best not to elicit a sound.

You felt his head move away from you, hearing him let out a deep groan as he did so. "Crap, crap, CRAP!" you mentally screamed, feeling your heart rate speed up. Your face beet-red as you trembled from under him. Not so much because he scared you but that being put in such a position was just way too embarrassing for you. You inhaled sharply when his gaze met yours. He blinked a few times, the stoic expression he always had was momentarily replaced with a shocked expression, but was over in an instant. He constantly opened and closed his mouth, wanting to say something, but no words would come out as he was too taken aback with the situation you were both in, although you had doubts that maybe you just suddenly became deaf from all the pressure your face is feeling right now.

The scary thought that you had gone deaf aside, you felt something inside go haywire for real. Your vision suddenly became a bit blurry and now you see two Ushijimas. One was already a handful for you and two would be pushing you over the edge of your mind. You tried to shake the cobwebs off to no avail - stress, embarrassment and fear all dominate your already aching body. His intoxicating scent is not helping as well, with every breath you take you start to lose your grip on your willpower. As you struggle internally, with your eyes still locked with his, you finally heard his deep voice resonate from his mouth to your ears, "I'm sorry."

And that was it. The final strand keeping you sane was cut off. And you fainted.

***

"I'M SORRY!" you screamed as you sat up. You flinched when you realized you were inside your room. The lower half of your body was covered with your blanket and your school uniform replaced with your favorite pyjamas. Beside you was your school uniform neatly hung and your bag by your study table. Letting out a nervous chuckle, you immediately face palmed yourself. "It was all a dream?!" you whined feeling yourself heat up in embarrassment. You squeaked when your door was slammed open with your brother standing by the door, his breathing laboured and his hand tightly gripping his smartphone, and you seem to see the word 'worry' etched in his facial features "What the f***! I thought something happened to you!" (br/n) yelled at you.