Chapter 26 : Summer Rain

A/N: A summary (in meme form) of my relationship with you guys, the readers

I've probably said everything I want to say in regards to myself on my profile and I'm sorry since I overestimated my ability to be able to update

I've probably said everything I want to say in regards to myself on my profile and I'm sorry since I overestimated my ability to be able to update... (made an estimated time of update that says last week but I only got to posting it now lol sorry hehehe)

Enjoy the new chapter! ^^

And as per usual, long fic ahead! (longer than the previous ones ✌('ω'))

-----------

"How did this happen?"

You emptily stared into the water you had scooped into your hands.

This isn't right.

This is a dream.

It has to be.

You splashed yourself with the warm bath water to clear your thoughts as you try to take in again where you were exactly. The bath was just as you had expected, large and not overly luxurious with its traditional wooden design. Clear, tranquil, and warm; you allowed yourself to be immersed deeper until the water was just below your ears. Save for the rhythmic fall of the rain outside, everything seemed a lot quieter now. You closed your eyes and submerged yourself for a few seconds, in another attempt to try to clear your thoughts.

This isn't right.

This is a dream.

It has to be.

There was just absolutely no way these series of good events would happen to you in the span of one night.

Rising back again, you stretched your arms up high until you could hear that gratifying snap of your bones. Everything felt perfect. You felt peaceful. As if you were in a dream.

But.

This isn't right.

This is a dream.

It has to be.

There was just absolutely no way these series of good events would happen to you in the span of one night.

In that moment, as if to remind you that this was indeed reality, you heard a voice call out to you just beyond the door.

"I'll be leaving your yukata and towel by the door. I've already put your clothes in the wash so you don't have to worry about what you'll be wearing tomorrow for school. Come out for dinner once you've finished; I hope you're not a picky-eater."

"N-No, I'm mostly fine with anything. Thank you for everything Mrs. Ushijima."

"No need to be so formal, dear. Just call me Utami or Mom, whichever is fine with you. Now, don't stay too long okay?"

"Yes, U-Utami-san..."

'Seriously...' you ask yourself in your mind, '...how did this happen?!'