Chapter 20 : Start of Something New

A/N:

Me: *thinking of a title* heh...

I know I promised you guys a new chapter before June starts but a lot of things happened with my family so things got busy...

But since I made a promise, I really pushed myself to make this~ (this b*tch is strong)
Anyway, as usual long fic ahead

Enjoy! ^^

P.S. pls read the end notes~

-----------------

Enveloped in darkness, the house laid undisturbed—the rhythmic ticking sound of the clock echoing throughout its entirety. This tranquil state ensued until soft footsteps could be heard descending the stairs—carefully moving along so as not to trip against the smooth surface of black granite. With one arm outstretched, you blindly navigated yourself until finally reaching the switch to the kitchen lights. Whining hoarsely, your eyes squinted as the blinding lights flashed in your eyes. The burn making you groan as you blinked repeatedly, tiny specks floating in your vision before finally adjusting to the dreaded lights emanating from the intricate chandelier.

You trudged languidly as you moved around the expanse of the black kitchen counter, your fingertips lightly skimming along its metallic surface. The cold exterior sending light shivers run along your spine. Stopping in front of the sleek double doors behind the counter, you grabbed your favourite blend of coffee as you pried the heavy door open. With a yawn, you got the coffee maker running.

It was a few minutes past four, the house yet to be filled with its usual bright ambience—despite its monochromatic color—as the sun's rays had yet to shine through the glass doors. Normally, you were the type of person to go back sleeping if you were to wake up hours before your expected alarm but for whatever reason, your body had jolted itself awake and despite already counting sheep to the hundreds; your mind had refused to cooperate and bring you back to sleep. You groaned, roughly rubbing your temples as you felt the irritation rise up to your head. You needed the coffee bad.

Your eyes flickered to the coffee maker, mentally cussing it for no good reason when your mind had decided that the coffee maker was brewing slower than normal just to spite you. You sighed and looked around the area as you felt your legs growing numb. Your search was, sadly, in vain, the entirety of the kitchen clearly looking too cold to the touch, much less to sit on. Though you felt tempted with the bar stools made of woven black leather, you knew that sitting your barely clad bum unto it would freeze your veins to ice and that was clearly not a way you wanted your body systems to wake up. "Stupid leather" you muttered, completely ignoring the fact that your shivering form may be due to your mini shorts. Again, you really needed the coffee.

Finally, the coffee was ready and you quickly poured yourself a cup. Gently, you cradled the steaming mug in both hands—the warmth from the cup flowing throughout your body as if caressing you awake. Slowly you brought it close to your mouth, the bittersweet smell of coffee making you sigh with relief, the pulsing sensation in your temples vanishing. You repeatedly blew on the cup before letting your lips touch the tip of the mug, drinking in the bitter liquid with slow gulps so as not to burn your tongue but instead envelop your body into a warm embrace.

Finally, you were awake.

You took another gulp of your coffee before walking towards one of the leather bar stools and sat on it. Gently, you placed your mug down on the counter, your eyes travelling towards the desk calendar placed on top of it. The reminder written on today's date made your lips tug into a giddy smile—INTER HIGH PRELIMINARIES. The nervous jitters that jolted you awake once again raking throughout your body as your eyes stayed glued to the words written in bright glittery red.