Chapter 9 : In Her Eyes

A/N: I am really, really super duper outrageously sorry!!!!! I'm so sorry for only updating now and you guys have no idea how guilty I feel whenever I open wattpad and can't update TT^TT

School has got me all tied up and I the only free time I ever get is a good few minutes... I can't even watch the latest anime *cries hysterically

Anyway, here's the new chapter and like I mentioned in the previous one. This is basically Chapter 8 but Ushijima's side... so yeah (so the whole title for chap 8 and 9 is "all things lost in her eyes" hahaha *forcing creativity hahaha)

For being patient with me, I give you this long fic 

-------------------------

Tension grew in the stadium as the match kept going; the rallies seem endless for both spectator and player alike as the seconds pass. The match between both schools garnering every spectator's attention, all except a certain tall ace. Ushijima's attention was on his left hand, diligently taping up his fingers as he continued to concentrate for the match to come. "So far so good" he thought. For the past few days, he'd been putting in the extra effort to keep his emotions at bay and his thoughts about you locked at some corner of his mind. "Today should be no different," he mumbled to himself while simulating various plays in his mind.

He glanced towards the other side of the stands where the cheering club was staying and he felt thankful that you weren't there despite knowing full well that you should be. "Watch over my kouhai 'mkay?" Ushijima scoffed as he recalled what Benzai told him, feeling 100% sure that at this point in time you were lost somewhere in the stadium. "It's not my obligation to look after her" he said flatly, his voice being drowned out by the cheers of dozens of people as both teams will apparently play up until the third set.

"That's gotta be exhausting. From the looks of it Rakuen Academy will be winning this one, the players at Orudera Junior High look like they won't be able to last the whole third set," Daisuke, the captain of Shiratorizawa VBC, pointed out as he moved away from the hand railing and sat next to Ushijima. Daisuke was a wing spiker, he was tall like all the other members of the club but still he was one of their shortest members. He was able to compensate for his 'short' height with his build and powerful straight spikes making him an exceptional player of the team that everyone that even Ushijima respects.

"Playing up until the third set isn't so bad though" Ushijima replied monotonously as he moved his attention back to the court. "Well, you're from a completely different species and also I hardly doubt anyone could get a rally out of you. You'd just spike the ball whether there's a person to receive it or not and get the point as if it were nothing that even blocking against you is pointless." Daisuke laughed while leaning back against his seat. "I'm counting on you for next year, Captain," Daisuke said while glancing at the tall ace. Ushijima replied with a nod and stood up, "You, as well as the other upperclassmen still have this year, please give it your best until then, Captain," He said and walked away, not feeling any pressure whatsoever from having been given the role as captain by Daisuke for the next school year. Daisuke chuckled lightly "You're right."

***

Ushijima walked the halls of the stadium after a trip to the washroom to freshen up. His path clearing before him as people moved out of his way, as would anyone else after seeing his imposing figure walking towards them. "Our match must be starting soon" Ushijima thought and increased his pace. A certain conversation between two other players caught his attention however, making him stop in his tracks.

"That girl earlier was pretty cute. I wonder what school she goes to"

"Her shirt had Shiratorizawa written on it; maybe she's the team's manager."