Chapter 18 : It Felt Soft

A/N:

I just realized I've been updating quite frequently

I just realized I've been updating quite frequently... I never thought that such a time could come...

Anyway, in celebration for finally starting my internship I give you guys this chapter~

Hope you enjoy! ^^

-------------------------      

The cool breeze brought by the early morning entered your room, pushing your curtains the slightest—the light brought by the sun illuminating the gap made. The comforting harmony of the warm sunlight with the cool breeze brought about a soothing feeling to your senses, effectively relaxing you as you awoke. You let out a satisfied moan as you stretched out your arms above your head, taking in the comforting ambience the morning has brought upon you.

You rose from your bed and languidly walked over to your study table, a smile gracing your ample lips as you trace the soft material of the handkerchief placed over your table. A blush slowly making its way to your cheeks—only a moment's away from being plunged into your world of daydreams when you heard a faint knock on your door.

"(f/n)-chan, I packed all your toiletries in the black pouch. Don't forget to pack it with your other stuff later alright? Breakfast will be ready soon" Hana, your family's house attendant, said from the other side of the door.

"Alright, thank you" you responded. Carefully, you lifted the white handkerchief with both of your hands before pressing your cheek against the soft fabric.

Days had passed since that certain event, with you hiding away in the gym's storage room and Tendou's outburst over the intercom. Of course, it was to be expected that the coach was furious, more so over Tendou than over you, although you weren't sure if furious quite fits the man's anger. A bit of gamma radiation and he would have hulked out and smashed anyone he sees. Thanks to Tendou's admirable yet stupid decision of mouthing to the entire school, the whole team was punished with 10 gruelling laps around the field. Afterwards, and without so much as a break, they must also execute a minute's worth of wall sit with a 10-pound weight perched upon their thighs. Volleyball player or not, the punishment was absolute hell to them and to you as well as you had to help them recover from this hell. Let's just say that that day the boys had to go home with trembling legs and you, with sore and numb fingers.

It seems like those happened quite a long time ago. The bullying, Tendou's speech, your moment with Ushijima, the hellish training, all of it, feels like it didn't transpire only a week or so ago. You checked the calendar hanging on your door, "it really hasn't been that long huh," you sighed as you inhaled the scent from the handkerchief for the nth time this week (even though you washed it the night you came back home with it). You stared at the red circle you made at the calendar labeled 'Golden Week Camp~~.' Finally, you will be going with the team to their training camp and as per the coach's orders, you'll be lodging with the boy's during the event—in separate rooms, of course.