Chapter 3 : USHI-WHAT'SHISFACE?!

One month has passed since the incident during the school's opening ceremony happened, but here you are, a lost kitten. The school's guide signs magically transform into hieroglyphs in your head when you look at them, making the job of travelling to and fro from this mammoth of a school a challenge, Time to call a friend. Fortunately for you, you have (bf/n) as a friend, who knows the school grounds way more than you ever will, maybe even in this lifetime, and the next.

You placed the three stacked folders you were carrying on the ground, placing a stone on top of it so it won't get blown by the wind, while dialling her number. It took exactly two rings before you were shouted at by your smartphone. "Where in the eagle's hell are you (f/n)? Classes are starting soon!"

"Sorry, you see I was doing an erra..."

"Again?! Damn it, (f/n)!!" She groaned, interrupting you.

"It can't be helped I'm the class rep after all" You pointed out after another curse.

"And who was it that volunteered?!" You let out a nervous chuckle. You didn't really want to volunteer but during that time, the teacher was obviously looking at you, the words volunteer for the position were practically floating behind him when he looked at you and being the type of person you are, you found yourself doing just that, you spineless coward. You could hear (bf/n)'s footsteps from the other end of the phone as she dashed out of the room.

"Well, where my lost kitty at?" (bf/n) said in her best yankee gangsta voice.

"Ehehe... yes, well, I think I'm near the indoor practice area, near the golfing club" you said as you tried to read the hieroglyphs again, this time with the help of your best imagination of the Rosetta stone. "Also (bf/n), no running in the halls!" you said jokingly.

"Clam it (f/n)!! You're the one making me run in the first place" (bf/n) dropped the call and you let out a sigh. You knew you were getting another lecture from her, but you know she means well.

Looking back, it was during the opening ceremony when you and (bf/n) first met. The two of you sat together and somehow the two of you just clicked, like long lost best friends since preschool, separated by unforeseen circumstances. And to think that both of you would also be in the same class, Class 1-5. There are major differences between you two though. First is that she got in Shiratorizawa due to a sports scholarship in swimming, (while you risk drowning in your own bathtub), and you got in due to fairly decent grades that were the fruit of your brother's strict tutoring.

You leaned against the direction sign pole and allowed yourself to get lost in your own thoughts. "A month, huh..." you tried to remember the mystery man who almost caused your demise on that fateful day. You knew that he played volleyball, but that's about it. However in the past 30 days, only the name Ushijima Wakatoshi pops up whenever you overhear people talking about volleyball. It was always the same, 'Ushijima is awesome!' 'Ushijima Wakatoshi is THE man!' 'Ushijima is the school's one and only ace!' Ushijima. Ushijima. Ushijima. You clicked your tongue. "Ushi-just shut up! Damn ace just had to steal everyone's spotlight, and nothing about that guy who tried to kill me." You muttered.

"Ahem!" you jumped upon hearing (bf/n)'s voice. She looked at you confused "You okay?" she said with her hands on her hips as she eyed you questioningly.

Immediately you recollect yourself, "Y-yeah... j-just daydreaming" you said as you tripped over your words. "I need to bring these to the office of the guidance councillor," you said while picking up the folders you placed on the ground. She gave you a quick nod then she started to walk ahead, with you following, like a loyal dog would do with its master. "Seriously (f/n)! You just had to be the class representative, didn't you? You can't even freaking navigate your way in this school properly, even with a map! What would you do when I'm not here?" (bf/n) said.