Chapter 4 : Pole of Destiny

A/N: Title sucks, I suck for only posting this now. I am deeply sorry...

Anyways, thank you for reading and yay! More than a hundred views! Thank you so much :))) and to Tsuchin thank you for the nice comments!! ^^

Just to warn you, long fic ahead~ (Sorry not sorry...) Enjoy!!

  ------------------------- 

"Do you want to try applying to be their manager then?" (bf/n)'s statement last week continued to run in your thoughts, making you hate yourself for finding out about Ushijima two days after you were voted as first year rep. "If I could apply, I would've done so in the first place, and not be the freaking representative.." you whined followed by a sigh. It's not like you weren't allowed to join other clubs while being a part of the student council but you know that joining such a strong team and committing only half of your time to them would be bad and you think you might drag them down.

When you went to Shiratorizawa, you actually had every intention to join the volleyball club as their manager even before you met Ushijima. Though you sucked at the sport, or any sport in general, it never stopped you from becoming a big fan of it. You would always go and watch matches whenever you possibly can, cheering for both teams, and at times going silent and nervous along with every spectator whenever a rally draws out or when a deuce would occur. You liked the rush and thrill the sport gave you despite only being able to watch at the sidelines. "If only I looked away from Niimaro-sensei then I wouldn't be in this situation" you grumbled, recalling the stare your advisor gave you during homeroom.

Your phone rang out of nowhere and was so sudden that you yelped. "Hey (f/n)!" your caller greeted you with such a loud voice that you distanced your phone from your ear. From that booming voice you knew instantly that it was the student council president, Akiyama. "H-hello, senpai. Umm... is there a problem?" you asked then immediately moved the phone away from your ear again expecting another sonic boom come out it. Akiyama was one of the top students of Shiratorizawa. He was childish and loud but despite that your upperclassmen said that he was reliable when the situation calls for it. Though there has yet been a time you'd see him do so, you still respected him for it.

"Just wanted to know if you had the key to the council room, I'm already at school" He said his howling voice echoing all around enveloping you with its loudness. You panicked as the key was with you after all, and you still have a ways to go before you can arrive to school. You instinctively checked the time on your wristwatch to see if you are running late but was shocked to see that it was still too early. "Senpai, the meeting starts at 7 so what are you doing there so early?" you asked.

"Ahahaha! Well, apparently I set my alarm an hour earlier so I got to school reaaallly early... there's practically no one here ahahahaha!" he laughed proudly, showing absolutely no shame in stating his blunder. You dropped the call, you knew him well enough to know that this conversation wouldn't lead to anything meaningful, and right now you kind of see him doing that laugh of his while keeping one hand on his hips, and you don't really want to imagine that. You massaged your temples, your ears still ringing from the voice of the howler monkey disguised as the president. He was a nice guy but his loud voice would always make your head ache and ears bleed.

You sighed, if you were the manager for the boy's volleyball club rather than getting calls from the cheery and audibly-loud president you'd get straight and concise text messages from the always stoic ace Ushijima. The latter choice seems depressing for others but just the thought of actually getting a text from Ushijima made you feel bliss. "... You know, to get closer to him, and his manly scent~ I saw what you did" You instantly stopped in your tracks when you were reminded of (bf/n)'s teasing remark.