Chapter 15 : The First Ripple

A/N: I'M BACK!!

------------------------- 

"I never really got a chance to say this earlier but you look great today! So I'm guessing, he said yes~" (bf/n) sarcastically noted with a purr.

"Aww~ it's so nice of you to notice! I wonder what made it so obvious. Could it be the bags under my eyes or is it my dishevelled hair?" you answered back with the same level of sarcasm. You sighed "For once, please treat me seriously..." you groaned while practically planting your face over the smooth (and hard) surface of your desk.

"No go, huh? You got to admit that you deserved most of this right?" she snickered while helping you smooth out your ragged hair.

"I know. The only way I can prove myself is when someone gets injured and I sure as hell will never wish for something like that to happen. Showing off my connections with powerhouses is all I've got left, "you sighed ", but even that would mean nothing if he won't agree". "Sorry (bf/n)-chan, I'm feeling too tired to eat. I was up all night trying to convince him so go on and have lunch without me. I'll be at the nurse's office..." you mumbled with a weak voice as you stood up from your seat.

(bf/n) looked at you with watchful eyes before letting out a sigh. "Hey Shirabun..." she called out to the brown-haired setter seating at the back of the room. The said male glanced at her from above his book, his brown-gray eyes looking at her with a bored expression until her next words made him drop the book he was reading, "can you tell me how you got the coach to agree to make (f/n)-chan a temp manager?" she said with a tilt of her head.

With a scoff, Shirabu picked his book off of the ground, "stop making things up, you're not the least bit funny""-and you're not the least bit convincing," (bf/n) quickly said while crossing her arms. "It's not like I'm asking you to help me make her your club's permanent manager seeing as you only got to make her a temp but the least you could do is tell me how you did it. The sooner you tell me, the sooner I'll leave you alone" (bf/n) said with a shrug. "It'll be our little secret~" (bf/n) purred with a wink making Shirabu's eye twitch in annoyance.

He clicked his tongue while closing his book with a loud thud. "Just to let you know, the only reason why I helped her is because her constant begging was becoming a bother so don't get the wrong idea."

"Yes, yes so... how'd you do it?" (bf/n) asked.

"To tell you the truth, I only suggested that the coach give her a chance already since she was becoming a distraction. I didn't really play a big role in it. He was the one who talked the coach into it, he's not even from this school and yet he has the gall to come over and make suggestions" Shirabu said while leaning back against his chair. (bf/n)'s eyes widened in surprise as realization hit her, her mind quick to fit the pieces together.

"Oikawa-paisen?" "It was Oikawa-san" they said in unison.

***

"Tooru!"