Chapter 19 : A Change in Perspective

A/N: 

Finally after 5 months I'm back!! Probably just as damaged as Arnold in that gif

Finally after 5 months I'm back!! Probably just as damaged as Arnold in that gif... (*crying intensifies)

MUST READ: This chapter will be covering most of the chapters prior to it so in order for you guys not to get confused with the sudden change in timelines and whatnot, please take note of the italicized words after the dash...

Hope you enjoy!! ^^

Warning: Longer fic than usual...

-------------------------    

--- Chapter 1 (Shiratorizawa Junior High) ---

An alarm blares off, the sound piercing through the deafening silence of the room—the string of repetitive beeps engulfing the area in its own form of orchestrated melody. The tune, however, remains unheard by the small cocoon curled up in the corner of the room. Minutes passed and finally the alarm stops of its own volition.

At this moment, the cocoon stirs.

Slowly, she emerges from the covers—unfurling herself from her shell before sitting up. The cold floor not affecting her in the slightest as her bare feet touched the floor. Still half-awake, she trudges to her closet while leaving a pile of clothes in her wake as she rids herself of all clothing. Her short hair mussed up in a gravity-defying manner being tamed with simple brush strokes from her hands.

With practiced ease, she got into her swimsuit—covering herself up with a pair of white trousers and her favorite black hoodie. Placing her keys and phone into her jacket pocket, she marches out of the dorm room and heads straight towards the indoor pools or else she'd risk falling asleep during the ceremony.

Swimming—her unique form of coffee.

Normally, when it was someone's first day of school, you'd think the things one would usually fuss about was how they'd look, how they'd talk, whether they'd make a lot of friends or not and so on. But to her, it was different.

Being who she is, she was well aware that she'd be fine—making friends was easy but forcing herself to enjoy a swim in a pool that was not enjoyable was something else entirely. Although it took a lot of convincing on her part, she was able to convince her mother into transferring schools should the pools be not as enjoyable as the school let on.

As if she'd been living in the dormitories of Shiratorizawa Junior High for the past three years, she navigated herself around the school with ease and confidence while taking a few glances here and there observing her surroundings.

"If I remember correctly, I go straight then take a right after passing the volleyball club's gy-huh?" she pauses. The open doors of the volleyball club gymnasium piquing her interest. "Who would practice at such a time? Well not like I'm one to talk but isn't the opening ceremony an hour away?" she thought, a grin forming on her face. Derailing from her quest to the indoor pools, she walked towards the gym.