Chapter 7 : Prelude to Interhigh

A/N: Once again, the title sucks (I'm sorry)

I was planning on posting this 2 days ago (specifically June 10) in celebration of Iwazuimi's (my bae's) Birthday (cause Seijo's mom needs the love (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ~<3 and we share the same bday) but you know I have a life so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anywho, here's the chapter and like always hope you enjoy reading

Warning: Long fic ahead....

-------------------------  

The slow ticking of a clock can be heard as the sound echoed throughout the halls of Shiratorizawa. The silence that ensued for a few hours is finally coming to an end as both clock's hands draw nearer to 12. Each student had their head hung low, their eyes transfixed on the sheet of white before them, allowing their hands to move in sync with their thoughts as they continuously processed each word written on the dreaded paper. "5 minutes left" their heartless homeroom teachers uttered, breaking the monotonous tapping sound of pencil on paper, only adding oil to the fire. The slow, somewhat dull sound began to go up a crescendo after hearing those 3 words. At this point in time, students begin to shout profanities in their minds as they continue on with each item on the paper, the sound of the clock ticking louder in their minds whenever they meet a difficult question making their minds go blank.

The school bell brought everyone back to the same plane of reality and the profanities that were screamed in their thoughts begin to be vocalized as they write like a madman, trying to fill out leftover spaces making every second last as the gifted others remained silent, brimming with confidence as they diligently put their pencils down. "All right, please pass your exams forward!" their homeroom teachers would announce, signalling the end of times, err, of the exam. Finally, midterms are over.

You passed your paper to the student seated in front of you and let out a relieved sigh. You stretched out your arms above your head before leaning back against your seat, your gaze now fixed on the ceiling. The exhaustion you felt for the past weeks finally started to leave you as you somehow imagined white smoke rise out of your head. Ever since that incident with Ushijima you tried doing several different ways to keep yourself distracted from thinking about him and how screwed you would be if you ever ran into him again

 Apparently the most successful way was by burying yourself deep into your textbooks, more than the usual. Day in, day out you would only focus on your studies, changing the book you held in your hand almost every hour, indulging yourself in different study materials as you absorbed every important information you'd come upon and now that the midterm was all over, you felt your brain starting to delete some stored files in it. You close your eyes as you let out another relieved sigh; you were now free from having to stay up late at night as well as going through days experiencing stiff neck, sore shoulders and aching back pain, though you know you will still be doing the same thing come finals, as your brain tries its best to empty itself after any kind of exam.

"It's been two weeks, huh" you thought to yourself as you tuned yourself out from your surroundings. It had been exactly two weeks since you've last seen the tall ace. In the first place it was easy enough for you not to see him in school because of the difference in your year levels, this fact pointed out to you by none other than (bf/n) herself and you literally face palmed yourself for not realizing something so obvious. The only problem you'd face was the fact that you both lived in the same general direction, but thanks to a certain worrywart brother you were able to avoid him during your trip to and from school. Ever since that time you singlehandedly worried the shit out of him by fainting in front of him, not only once but twice, he made sure to spare some time to drive you to school and back. You refused his proposal at first but after a couple minutes of one-sided negotiation in favor of his proposal, you ended up accepting his offer, as if you ever had a choice in the matter.