Chapter 25 : Boy Friend's House Visit

A/N: 

Like with every newly-uploaded chapter, this one is longer than the last and I hope you all enjoy!

-----------

It was a blur.

Despite the total game time running for more than an hour, the match seemed to end as quickly as it had started. The image was similar to that of numerous car headlights speeding by you whenever you walk a busy road.

It was an intense fight, especially between both team's aces. Neither side giving in to the other as both teams kept racking point after point with every play, not giving the other the chance to gain momentum. All it took was one move; one that was perfectly timed and strategically well thought-out and before you knew it, the whistle was blown.

The stadium went wild. From the audience sitting at the stands to the announcers who were wildly commentating on the game, the gymnasium was in chaos at the sound of the whistle that signalled the end of the match.

With a score of 28 to 26 at the third and final set, Itachiyama Academy will be moving on to the quarterfinals.

From that point on, you vaguely remembered what happened after. The shock of losing the match was one thing but coupled with suddenly coming down with a bad case of the flu after the Shiratorizawa team bus touch-downed at Miyagi made your condition worse than it already was.

Despite your absence, the send-off ceremony went on and the third years officially retired.

---

Ushijima stared (glared) intently at his phone. There were still a few hours till the lunch bell would ring yet he'd already lost count on the number of times he pulled out his phone.

No new messages.

The last mail he got from you was last night and it was just a message sent to the team's group chat and not something personal. Looking at it logically, it was the right choice to make. Ushijima knew that he, himself, would do the same if he were in your position. But for some unknown reason, he found himself not only being annoyed at the fact that your last mail to him came from the group chat. He also felt something that could be considered pain when you didn't inform him personally of your well-being.

Ushijima stared one last time at the bright screen of his phone before pocketing it back into his jacket and adjusting his focus for class. He could always contact you at lunch. For now, he needed to pay attention.

.

.

.

.

.

His attempts were futile and his phone was soon confiscated.

---