Chapter 21 : Opening Act: The Cat in the Box

A/N: 

Me: Guys! I'm back!!

You (Readers): 

I am highly tempted to insert Julia Andrews' gif of her saying, "A queen is never late

I am highly tempted to insert Julia Andrews' gif of her saying, "A queen is never late..." you know the scene from Princess Diaries but then I thought I shouldn't test you guys cause everyone's been so patient with me. (I'll do it another time... ✌).

Anyways, I have a bazillion things to say but I know ya'll rather read the chap rather than what I say so carry on.

P.S. I'd be grateful if you guys read the end notes! ^^

Warning: Long fic ahead (it's the longest one I've made)

Enjoy!!

-------------------------    

-- Ushijima's POV

"We kissed"

Ushijima's words came out in his usual tone of voice but for Tendou and the few people from his team that had entered the room; these two words seemed to play louder than any of Tendou's songs at its highest volume. At their age, a simple thing such as kissing a person wasn't something that had to be put on such a high pedestal especially when majority of the boys in the volleyball club has had their fair share of time with girls (Tendou mostly), normally..

But Ushijima was different. Ushijima didn't care for idle romances. Ushijima was a volleyball idiot. Ushijima was supposed to be a cow. Ushijima was supposed to be a plant. (A/N: lol)

Or so they thought and all it took for them to change their views was apparently for Ushijima to mutter that one phrase.

Everyone's reactions were immediate, Tendou's incredulous scream of 'YES!' being the loudest of them all. Without missing a beat, the people by the door came rushing inside, one by one they entered, each with their own set of questions.

Reon, being the usual level-headed person of the group stayed by the door the longest, allowing the rest in. "Really should've knocked first..." he thought.

He entered the room after everyone who heard Ushijima's phrase were contained inside and then shut the door behind him. "It's better to minimize the number of people that know... for (l/n)-chan's sake" he thought to himself "...also..."

Clapping his hands loudly, Reon made sure to grab everyone's attention, "In this situation, normally I'd tell you guys to save this conversation for later but..." Reon pauses, moving his eyes towards their club's vice-captain, Nao who—despite his smaller stature—had tackled Ushijima to the ground.

"We still have a good thirty or forty minutes before the Coach blows over so we can take our time" Nao argued, the tone of his voice making their soon-to-be consequence sound less menacing than it was meant to be.