• p r o l o g u e •

Thanks to MulanJiang for the beautiful banner.

Reflection. Sure that sounds like a commoner's word. You may have heard about it in a poem, a story, a song, or just elsewhere floating in the midst of natural conversations. If I may ask you, have you ever thought about that? Have you ever stared at your bedroom wall or at your bathroom's mirror and wondered what it feels like?

Honestly, I did stare at myself in the mirror this morning. A mirror gives us reflection of ourselves. But finding my reflection on others got me questioning myself always. These days, everything works in fast pace and I barely relax and sit. I tried to scrutinized every tiny details of myself in the mirror.

I wanted to see my reflection not in the mirror, but on others. I wanted to see how I really look like when I watch myself in others. But how do I even know, I haven't even found my own likeness in others. Not my boyfriend and not even in this foggy mirror hanging in my locker.

The room was filled with girls' laughter which I supposed, I have been used to. Everyday, it's all the same faces and sounds from the cheerleaders, topnotchers, nerds, or even just the normal people surviving this school. In the end, we will all go back to zero and outrun each other to get the most likeable position in our jobs.

I try to fix my hair into a topknot style. Believe me, I've used that hairstyle for my teenage years to keep my fawn, brown hair in place. I was seated across my locker and I couldn't avoid eavesdropping to those girls standing next to me.

"Hey, Lily! Which do you think is better, pink or black?" She raised the two brassieres while holding its strap.

"Black is good," she replied.

Averting my eyes, I tried to focus on fixing my hair again. I was actually wondering why colors matter most in terms of bra. So, where am I getting at? Sorry, I was blown away by the two girls.

I took my bag just after I finished fixing my hair. I was about to step out of the room when my friend blocked the doorway. She got nothing but a white towel covering her body. She's holding its edges to protect it from sliding that could reveal her sacred body to any maniacs outside the locker room. The boys' locker room are just located next to ours, making it easy for them to have access in flirtatious girls, too.

"Hey, I saw your boyfriend earlier at the gym. He was looking for you," she reported, pressing her arms to her chest.

Suddenly, I was dumbfounded. Guile and I kind of disconnected to each other. Last time, he told me he accidentally broke his phone and couldn't afford to buy a new one. I understand the situation but, as days passed, I grew tired of waiting.

We haven't seen each other at school and the only reason I thought is because he made his education a priority. Guile must be having a hard time so he restricted himself from seeing me. I guess that was it. I kind of feel being the last in all his priorities.

"What did Guile say?" I asked, hiding the excitement that's seeping in on me.

"He's meeting you at two today."

Beaming, a tinge of pink colors was evident on my face. She hit my forehead with her index finger.

"Little little lassie is in love with his boyfriend again," she teased.