Chapter fifteen

This chapter is dedicated to @sanofficialx for giving me the permission to have this photo. This is my first time making a cover so please give me an honest feedback. Anyways, she is the model in this book and give her a follow in Instagram, she does not have wattpad account. She is the most friendly and accommodating type of person.

I've been so used to the smell of brewed coffee everytime I work in the beanery. I've witnessed how it's like interacting with so many people, getting scolded and getting tired. Seeing people have a glimpse of our coffee and enjoying it with their little chitchats makes me feel better. But sometimes, I just don't get the  point why I work until my bones break? I have been thinking I should stop this. Well, honestly, at first I've learned to be dedicated with doing it. But as I progress with my life as barista,  I figure it's never an easy job.

I've began getting tired with it. My mind wasn't revolving in the beanery anymore, not until I knew the Neuton brothers. It felt like working here is not even satisfying because I wanted to go away and see who I really want to be with, spend time with someone I want to be forever. Not that I believe in that stupid forevers like every teenagers do. I'm a little bit mixed up right now, I love the feeling when I'm with the twins.

I sat down just after I brought the order of the customers to their table. Sighing, I leaned down on the counter and thought about it. I was startled when my phone rang, Phoebe is calling.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Hey, Lauren! Are you free on Thursday?" she asked, excitedly.

"Uhmm, wait, today's Tuesday. So, that's going to be in two days. I think so, what time?"

"Six."

"Why, we having girl's night?" I joked.

"Haha, no," she laughed on the other line and cleared her throat.

"...Dean's having a party at his house. Well, you know, just random chillin' since the clinic has been busy lately."

"That's great! I guess I need you to help me out with what to wear."

"Sure, lassie."

• • •

The rain had finally settled late at evening. I had to go home early since there were little to no customers in the beanery because it's raining hard this morning. I might as well avoid catching up the cold.

Tightening my grip on the fitted sweater I'm wearing, I looked at the tintless window where droplets started to dry. The road began getting empty and few skaters were pacing back and forth. There's this type of disorder called Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's when there are changes in a person's mood or feelings, affected by the weather. I guess I belong to it. The rainy, winter, or cold season kind of affects me—making me sad. And it's not good of me to say that I would always think of the good times I had before and miss it.

I walked to my study table and opened the bottow drawer, finding the box. It's sad to admit that I'm a stupid person. Well, stupidity rules over intellect. I came here to forget everything, but I still have little memories to think of. There's loads of polaroid photos I took with Guile, and I kept it inside the box.

Watching the stacked photos, I brought to my hands the first photo. There's a date written at the bottom of it. And I remember it's the first date we had. It's just a simple photo yet it makes my heart break. It was a selfie wherein I smiled at the camera and Guile puts his arms around my shoulder, kissing my cheeks. I read what's written at the back of it.

"Let's always date until we grow old"

Tears welled down my cheeks as I read it. I used to write my favorite words, spoken by Guile. It's all special and unforgettable that I hardly believe it was all a lie. How could he actually say that to me? I've never thought they were just some of his flowery words and cliché lines to make me adore him.