Chapter seven

This chapter is dedicated to _firebrand_ for the awesome cover above!

Smelling the whiff of the morning coffee, I tried to use it as a way to calm myself. Coffee, they say it can damage your health if taken too much. I do take coffee three times a day. I'v taken advantage to indulge in coffee especially that I work in the beanery. The taste is quite addicting rather than just pure dairy milk.

I tied my hair into a messy bun and a pencil to keep it in place. Putting on a large shirt that says Sexy Chic—although I know it doesn't describe me—I skidded to the fridge to get a toast. Just as I closed the fridge, I saw a picture of a wallet size of me and Guile taken several years ago. It was glued at the center of the fridge's surface.

Fie! Why didn't I realize I put it there? I took it and rend into pieces then, throw immediately to the trash bin. This is ridiculous! I should stop myself from keeping those memories in my vision or I die loving him although he's an absolute double-crosser.

Flexing my knees and embracing it, I sat down on the floor. I rested my chin on the top of my knees and thought of him.

I couldn't understand why he cheated on me. Of all the years we've been together, I saw a genuine affection in his eyes and felt that he loves me. He spent the times with me and my family.

Why does he have to cheat on me? He knows I love him so much but he broke my heart. He made me fall for him but he cheated for years. He didn't even apologized I caught him kissing some girl. He was glad I discovered his secret.

He was the first guy I trusted. My family even trusts him, too. He even got close with Daryll and they watch football games together. He even read mom's articles and admitted they were better than any other journalists. Dad likes him as well. My friends like him, too. How do I even notice it was just all a play?

Tears formed my eyes and I remembered how his lips crept a smile the moment I knew he was cheating. I feel stupid for not noticing or noticing it late.

Until know, his memory would still invade my mind. I still think of him. Missing him was an undeniable fact. He was a player but I'm certain, I still feel something towards him. I still want to see and touch his face, hear his voice, and laugh with him. It's because I still love him.

Yes, I am a dimwit, but I couldn't care less. It's like a necessity being taken away from me everytime I think of him. He couldn't be playing me. He might just be kidding me. He might call me soon and tell me that the break up is just a huge prank to scare me.

I tried my best not to mope and got out of the house. Luckily, we don't have classes today so, I speed dialled Phoebe. She wasn't really busy, indeed, she was just lying in her bed while typing something on her phone.

"I'm sorry I have to trespass your house again." I lazily speak as I collapsed in her sofa.

"If you were not my friend then, I'd probably call the police for getting inside my room."

She took her clothes off and dropped it on one of the hampers. I immediately looked away and sighed.

"Stop doing that for the rest of your life, Phoebe. Don't give me a chance to be a lesbian."

She laughed while walking around in a bikini. She opened her closet and took her see-through loose shirt and wore shorts underneath.

"Get used to it, lady! We've been friends for years. Expect me to show my body and you'll do the critic."

She jumped on her bed while I rest my head on the sofa looking at the ceiling above.

"Better people do the critics, Phoebe, not me," I protested.