• m e e t i n g s •

This chapter is dedicated to _firebrand_ for the awesome cover above!

Pulling the beanie towards my head and combing my hair with fingers, I uneasily drank the water on the table. I zipped my jacket leaving the upper part open so I would not choke myself to death. I also put on a thick and dark gloves on my hands to protect it from freezing.

I took my bag which contain nothing but my uniform and small money. Just in case that guy's stomach makes a sound and complain for pizza. Really, that is not a girl's job, especially to a stranger. But we would be introducing ourselves tonight, taking a walk, and God knows, etcetera.

As soon as I stepped out of the beanery, my eyes immediately scanned for him. New York seems to be busy all the time. Even at six PM people were still moving in fast pace like they're meeting deadlines really in one night. Among those sedulous people, I could never see any signs of a guy wearing hood.

I sat on the beanery's threshold waiting for him. The café usually closes at six. Usually, people goes to fastfood restaurants at six to eat dinner and not drop by at a beanery for a cup of coffee.

Wrapping my arms around my body, I could still feel the cold. The cold, breezy air is still brushing all over my neck. I stared at my boots while I rested my chin on the top of my knee. I don't know where to keep my eyes on. I don't want to look at the road and all the people passing by.

I thought he said until ten. But why is he too early to leave? He said he'll wait for me.

Rubbing the half-pint crystals away from my pants, I stood up and walk to and fro in front of the closed beanery. Six five was written on my watch. Why is he not here yet? Was he just kidding me? Do I look pathetic now? Do I look like a wretched girlfriend in the movies waiting patiently for his bad boyfriend? Was I fooled again?

I let out a deep sigh. Maybe something came up.

10 more minutes, I thought to myself.

I sat on the ground again. I hope he really comes.

Ten minutes had already passed, but he still didn't showed up. There's not even a guy wearing hood. I stood up and was ready to leave. Maybe he's not coming anymore. That made me even sadder. I shouldn't have believed what he wrote in the note. I looked around for the last time, hoping he was there. But there isn't a sign of him. So, I stepped away from the shop.

It was then a guy came running in front of me. He was panting and was out of breath. He kept his hands on his knees while gasping for air. I glanced at him, confused on what to do. I just stared and waited until he is ready to speak.

"I thought I said ten. It's only six-thirty two."

He stood up, still craving some air. He smiled to me and I don't know if I should do the same. Now, I could clearly see him- physically, including his face.

He wore a black jacket with a white shirt underneath it. Maybe he didn't know he has that guy fashion. I am jealous of the scarf wrapped around his neck. I wanted it because it's really cold right now. Wearing a nice pair of high-cut shoes matched with his plain and white pants. I found it cool. Some guy would just love black or dark blue pants but he likes white.

His hair is just plain but a little mess up. Maybe it went disheveled because he was running earlier. But still, it's nice to look at those hair sticking on his temples. And thanks he didn't wore something to cover up his face again. His eyes-although I could not identify its color-are somewhat pretty to look at. He had long lashes that extends up to his eyelids that looks tired. I love the bridge of his nose. And seeing his lips, they're too small. Yeah, I've seen it because it's the only part of his face that is always exposed. But I figured out, his eyes are my favorite.